Author Topic: 10mm DI AR  (Read 470 times)

Offline Steve E

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
10mm DI AR
« on: February 11, 2022, 01:50:32 PM »
I just got in my 10 mm DI 16" upper from Macon Armory and absolute love it, shoots pretty good. I put on an Angstadt 10/45 lower and it runs great. The gas tube looks to be only about 3 inches long, it's plum cute, LOL. I bought 2 ETS clear mags to see how they would do and they didn't run well. SGM mags ran like the proverbial sewing machine as did Factory Glock mags. It joins my 45 acp carbine,  Rock River Arms 9mm Carbine and an 'assembled' 9mm 12 inch pistol (all AR's). It's definitely cleaner than a blowback AR. 

NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: 10mm DI AR
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 05:44:31 PM »
Nice can't wait for a range report.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 09:20:50 PM »
very cool. I have to wonder though if it being di if it would run lighter loads. Ive got to blow back 9mm ars and they both run like sewing machines. Even with the clear mags. The psa 9 was a little fussy with them at first but id didnt have a feed ramp. I put a drop in feed ramp in it and it hasnt missed a beat with any mag or any ammo since. I have an extra binary trigger on the bench i was going to put in it but the master of these 9s. AMERCIAN RESISTANCE told me the frankfort armory on  i have wont play right with the slower heavier bolt of a 9mm and to get a fostech for it. So the FA one is going in one of my 556 guns and sometime in the near future when the gun budget recoups from last month ill buy a fostech for it. My full sized 9 is a cmmg and it has never missed a beat but uses the old colt mags. That thing i think you could cap a case with rock and it would run. But it has a built in feed ramp. a 10mm would be very cool but what id like is a 40 that uses glock mags so i could carry it with one of my glock 23s or 22s and share mags. Pistol caliber ars are all cool. Much cheaper to shoot because you can run cast bullets and with PC coating they run so clean that ive gone well over 2k without cleaning. I know the 10 puts them in deer hunting power levels but i have many other ars that are set up for hunting. Ive got a glock 20 and 29 but dont shoot them nears as much as the 9s and 40s. IF you want to run those cheap mags and your gun didnt come with a frame mounted feed ramp the drop in ones are cheap and seem to work. Looking at them i kind of wonder why but it sure works in my 9. Just picked up 2 of the ets clear 40 rounders for the 9 but havent tried them yet. Now if i could get smith to make a 40 round 15-22 mag id be a happey camper. but anyone without a pistol caliber ar15 is missing the boat. THere about as much fun as a guy can have with his pants on.
blue lives matter

Offline Steve E

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 06:17:19 AM »
So far all I have ran through the 10mm has been 180 gr, that is usually all the 10mm I load. My full size 9mm blowback is a 16 inch RRA and it has a feed ramp but my Fox Trot Mike 12" pistol doesn't appear to. The RRA uses Colt/Uzi mags, I picked up some surplus 25 rnd UZI mags and converted them to fit and like them a lot more, I know there is not a lot of difference that the RRA mags (32 rnds) but they just handle better. They seem to be more robust and pretty hard to tear up.
I did take the ETS mags apart and applied some automotive wax to the inside and sanded some rough places on the followers and they are doing better so maybe they just need some wearing in to be 100%, who knows.

The FM pistol uses Glock 9mm mags and doesn't usually have a problem at all. I have ran 90 gr up to 147 gr in the pistol with no problems.

Steve..........
GOA Life Member

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 12:18:37 AM »
whats the highest capacity mags you can get for the 10mm?
blue lives matter

Offline Steve E

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 06:15:13 AM »
There are a few makers that put out a 30 round "Glock" style magazine, I'm sure there are probably other types out there with more capacity for Glock or other type of firearms. Might even be a 10mm "Glock" style mag out there somewhere.

Steve........
GOA Life Member