Author Topic: Question  (Read 1369 times)

Offline rustic bob

• Trade Count: (0)
Question
« on: July 28, 2020, 03:00:38 PM »
I think I am signed in , but at the bottom of the page it shows me as a guest, my profile says I have been here since 2014, which I have if you include both sights, post count is 2, did it start over when I came over to this sight? Are there no more classifieds? Thanks, Bob

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 05:06:28 PM »
If you were registered on GBO in January-February of 2014 then you are registered here. The database as it existed on GBO on March 1, 2014 when we sold the site was copied and preserved by Matt.

This site is just that old 2014 database reloaded to a server and put back online thus the name GBO Reloaded. It is the old GBO database from before we sold that site reloaded and set back up.

All posts here newer than March 1, 2014 have been made since Matt bought this new domain and set the site back up as GBO Reloaded.

Posts made since March 1, 2014 on the go2gbo.com site are NOT here. So apparently you made two posts prior to the date we sold the site and any and all others to your credit over there are made since that date.

You had to be logged in to make your post. So I assume you were logged in. Well I'll take that back, it is I guess remotely possible that on this one forum on the site a person might could post without being logged in as it is the help forum and a person might be allowed to post without being logged in so they could ask for help if they can't log in.

Still Since it recognized you I feel you had to be logged in. If you aren't and can't log in I can help you by giving you a temporary password. Still I don't think it would recognize you and allow you to post under your user name if you weren't logged in.

Hope that answers all your questions.

There is no connection between the go2gbo.com site and this site today. Me and Matt used to own that site but sold it. Matt is the sole owner of this site. I am an admin on both sites.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 05:08:34 AM »
Are there no more classifieds? Thanks, Bob

They're right where they've always been, but you must be logged in to see them.  ;)

Tim

https://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php#c19
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 08:28:05 AM »
I did fail to answer that one didn't I?

The classifieds aren't exactly in the same place as before but do have the same URL.

I switched up the order of forums here awhile back so that the forums that are actually seeing use are at the top and other lesser used forums here are further down the Forums index.

Used to be the admin and help section was at the top, now the section with the PBSF, politics, religion and other stuff is at the top. I pushed the classifieds and the H&R sections down a bit further than they are on the go2gbo.com forums index because they aren't being used here at this time.

I set the order of the various sections years ago on the original GBO site based on what was most active and within the various sections I set the most used forums near the top of that section.

That's still kinda the way I have arranged the sections and forums within sections here.

I didn't make drastic changes here to the order of the forums but it is different here than at the other GBO site.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline rustic bob

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 02:05:07 PM »
OK, Thanks guys think that answered all my questions.