Author Topic: Can England beat Italy, or Denmark in the Euros 2021?  (Read 1816 times)

Offline GuillerBob

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Frmaillots2017
Can England beat Italy, or Denmark in the Euros 2021?
« on: July 06, 2021, 10:11:42 PM »
When I look at that Italy team, I struggle to see any way in holy hell that England could beat that side. Even with the loss of Spinazolla that team is just supremely talented, and built with a tremendous work ethic. But I guess over 90 minutes stranger things have happened.

Denmark, I still don’t have a good handle on as a side. I guess we find out one way or another on Wednesday. I think England dealt with the Czech Republic more comfortably than Denmark did, but it is hard to read too much into things to like that (Czech Republic dealt with Scotland much better than England did, but still lost to England).

Offline GuillerBob

• Frmaillots2017
Re: Can England beat Italy, or Denmark in the Euros 2021?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 10:13:58 PM »
Can Italy reach the Euro 2021 final?

Italy will be hoping to possibly get a longer run than they have in previous years. With very disappointing runs in previous World Cups, and not amazing runs in the Euros previously, Italy has been disappointing to watch in the last decade-ish. However, we are starting to see the emergence of Italian talent once again. I think if any year marks the beginning of a new Italian national team, it is within the next few years.

GK: Obviously you cannot regard Italian keepers right now without mentioning Gianluigi Donnarumma. He took the world by storm a few years back and has been playing at the top level for many years now. And as of right now (13 Feb 2021) he is only 21. Shocking. However, mentioning that, there is not really anyone else who could take the gloves away from his anyway. Buffon has since retired from international football and hasn’t been called back since. So there are not many options unless you are going to sub-off the youngster for maybe Sirigu, Cragno, or Meret? I don’t think so.

Defense: Italy probably has also one of the most experienced defense in the competition. With the likes of Bonucci and Chiellini, who have both had several appearances in the TOTY and UCL finals, they will most likely be the solid center-backs for Italy. There are a couple different options we can play around with for what the Italian defense could look like in this upcoming competition. There are players like Palmieri, Bastoni, Florenzi (but he’s old), Romagnoli, Calabria, or Mancini, that could all work with Bonucci or Chiellini to help secure Donnarmma in goal.

Midfield: This is a position that Italy perhaps could work on strengthening in the coming years. They used to have a good midfield. But that was back in the days of Pirlo and co. There are a couple youngsters who got attention here and there like Nicolo Zaniolo, Nicolo Barella, and Lorenzo Pellegrini. But there are still some decent options for the nation, with other (more) experienced players like Jorginho, Bonaventura, Marco Verratti, and maybe Grifo. But it about ends there.

Strikers: These will probably the last coming years that we will see Lorenzo Insigne and Ciro Immobile play international football, being honest. This will hurt Italy’s attack though, but they have a few other players who can hopefully fill the holes. You have older players like El Shaaraway and Caputo. And you have some others here and there like Belotti, Keane, Chiesa, and (in my opinion) the underrated Bernardeschi. This most likely will be enough for Italy in the Euros but they will like to see some new talent to help freshen up their attack.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 12:36:40 AM »
  While I respect you right to post, I somewhat wonder if you meant to post on GBO reloaded..  Sorry, but I rather doubt you will find many fans here, for international soccer.
  Yo may even find few here who will call it football...but good luck on your post..
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 08:14:48 AM »
I agree with IG.
When I think of ball sports in England I still think, and check occasionally, on Cricket. (Great, great, great ... grandfather of baseball). 8)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 08:34:35 AM »
yup of all the topics post here in the last month i care the least about this one. If you want we can send you our real football teams. We dont want them.
blue lives matter

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 12:23:27 PM »
I can't think of anything that interests me less than this subject unless it it something about Harry and Megan.

Offline Casull

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 12:54:00 PM »
I can't think of anything that interests me less than this subject unless it it something about Harry and Megan.

Ditto!
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 05:34:43 AM »
Many big name veterans, from multiple sports are saying that the bringing of politics into sports is destroying it and it should be eliminated now.

One black gentleman last week said , it exists for entertainment, a way to take a break from work and enjoy ones self, they are stopping that from happening.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2021, 03:34:15 AM »
  GullierBob;
   I hope we didn't come off sounding too rude...  It is just that almost everyone here is into outdoor sports, rather than group team sports.

For me as a youngster living on a farm...I would have to travelled far, just to round up enough peers to play a round of horseshoes!  Thus, solo outdoor sports was a natural..
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2021, 09:07:53 AM »
  GullierBob;
   I hope we didn't come off sounding too rude...  It is just that almost everyone here is into outdoor sports, rather than group team sports.

For me as a youngster living on a farm...I would have to travelled far, just to round up enough peers to play a round of horseshoes!  Thus, solo outdoor sports was a natural..
AHHH, Horseshoes; there used to be a Horseshoe league court just one mile from where I am now, sadly it and the old school cement block round roofed building are gone.
It had a long, non-booze bar inside.
You see few horseshoe courts nowadays and they used to be in nearly all small towns. :( :( :(

Offline ironglows

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2021, 07:12:01 AM »
  Our Legion post is having a tournament authorized horse shoe place finished right now.  We are doing it in cooperation with a local club..  expecting statewide tournaments soon.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2021, 07:19:42 AM »
heck when i was young i played football boxed and lived for baseball but have no interest what so ever in them today.
  GullierBob;

blue lives matter

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2021, 10:49:25 AM »
Cornhole has become popular in this area. At least it doesn't tear up the ground like horseshoes does. I have a set of shoes hanging in my pumphouse thst are worthless to me now unless the distance between poles was drastically shortened. My oldest grandson has a friend that custom builds the cornhole boards and he designs the graphics for the boards. I just watch. Even chunking those beanbags makes my shoulder ache after a short time.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2021, 11:26:16 AM »
had to laugh my brother in law has been into sports all of his life and is in great shape for 60. still even does marathons and plays on a basketball league with his two sons. Ask him what his favorite sport is though and its CORN HOLE. They have a big league in his town.
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2021, 11:47:00 AM »
Corn hole had ONLY one meaning when I was growing up and it sure had nothing to do with putting a sand bag in a hole in a board. I'm amazed they have taken what was considered vulgar back then and made it into a kids game now. Just saying the phrase when I was a boy was enough to get your ears boxed if ya said it in front of an adult.

My how the times have changed.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2021, 12:39:31 PM »
There are many many many things that
are now considered acceptable because
of the years of apathy and indifference.
I don't know how long it'll be, but I'm certain
the F word will be acceptable in the mainstream
and it'll be all over television and radio
and will be used in public schools and
everyday in business

When I went to school, textbooks with hell
or damn were expressly forbidden, hell could
be used in a biblical context
These days, any reference to God or heaven
or any Christian references are forbidden .
Anything else is ok
Let's go Brandon  !

Offline ironglows

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2021, 03:18:02 PM »
Corn hole had ONLY one meaning when I was growing up and it sure had nothing to do with putting a sand bag in a hole in a board. I'm amazed they have taken what was considered vulgar back then and made it into a kids game now. Just saying the phrase when I was a boy was enough to get your ears boxed if ya said it in front of an adult.

It sure is a pity how the general culture has lost it's couth.  The game used to be called beanbag, and the bags were filled with beans.  ..But apparently in an attempt to be crude, some wag apparently changed the beans to corn in an effort to be crude.

Each of us being private individuals, have little effect upon the rise or decline of culture.  Historically, culture is geared to the people with the biggest megaphones.

Leaders, politicians, celebrities, sports figures, reporters and writers, all have a large footprint there.

Now that many of these types have sold out to the gutter dwelling leftists, I am afraid that we can expect an even further decline in decency.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2021, 03:06:25 AM »

[/

When my oldest grandson told me  he was going to get a set of cornhole boards I said to myself, " just keep your mouth shut and see how this plays out". I have never brought up the subject to him but kind of wince every time I hear the word used. How the meaning of words change over time keeps me confused.

Offline Mule 11

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2021, 04:49:18 AM »
First time a woman told me she was anal I thought. Well. You know what I thought.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2021, 06:05:23 AM »
  Where's GuillerBob?  Did she somehow post in the wrong forum?

Perhaps she is interested in some other category.  Sorry to see..I guess England didn't make the cut..

How about small game hunting..competitive shooting ?