Author Topic: Remembering John Denver.  (Read 83 times)

Online Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)
Remembering John Denver.
« on: October 15, 2020, 06:08:10 AM »
https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/11/17/john-denver/?fbclid=IwAR2xRaKEWu34PCkYis8vYdCnHDauF_4UZTDo0lDDM_M6eL_q6-HYMbcMrHU

Even I didn't know that he was born here in Roswell. Ive never heard anyone around here mention it.
I knew he had died in a plane crash, but I never knew any of the particulars that were involved in his death.
I did like his music though.

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (148)
Re: Remembering John Denver.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 08:30:46 AM »
I love Johns music always will but like a lot of the greats he had his problems which I will not go into. He was killed in a plane crash in the ocean off California flying a home built airplane which he was thinking of buying the problem that caused the crash was a fuel tank switching valve that you had to operate manual and of all things it was located behind the pilot seat which could not be reached by the pilot of all things. When he saw that the one wing tank was almost out of fuel and he could not get to the switching valve to switch tanks he did a sharp steep bank to head back to the airport but the weight of the full tank caused the plane to slice right out of the sky and into the ocean. This was the government report that was released to the public . I remember when it happened and it was a very sad day for me as I really loved his music. He was really great on the 12 string  and my favorite song of his I will say is  A song for all lovers that he wrote for his special friend Marty Murie. I have a number of his records as well as a tape of the wild life series he did as a special on PBS. Every so often I get it out and play it, has a lot of his great songs. He also did a lot of conservation work for different groups and for the state Alaska.

Deaconllb
Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the  CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.

Online Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Remembering John Denver.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 04:30:32 PM »
Never was a Denver fan, but I remember in 1974 when he won "Entertainer of the Year" at the CMA, a slightly inebriated Charlie Rich, aka The Silver Fox, burned his award card in protest.

Denver wasn't there, and Rich, along with many others, didn't consider him a country artist.
1st Corinthians Chapter 11, Verse 28. But let a man EXAMINE HIMSELF, and so let him eat of "that " bread, and drink of "that" cup.

It doesn't really matter how you "think" it is, but how it ACTUALLY is.