Author Topic: 1.5, 2.5 hp Outboard  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
1.5, 2.5 hp Outboard
« on: January 15, 2006, 05:17:18 PM »
Looking for a 1.5 or 2.5 hp outboard.  Needs to be light to fit on a raft.  Not a Zodiac, but a surveylor HF-360.  I use this raft to float rivers in Alaska, there fore the motor needs to be as light as possiable.  Any suggestions?
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Sourdough

1.5, 2.5 hp Outboard
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 02:47:57 PM »
The problem now is finding one.  EPA outlawed two stroke outboards so no one carries them anymore.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline ed1921

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
1.5, 2.5 hp Outboard
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 05:40:20 PM »
2 strokes aren't outlawed yet, except in California & on some lakes. Get one while you can. I have an '81  4 1/2 hp evinrude that still runs strong.

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
1.5, 2.5 hp Outboard
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 06:37:16 AM »
you could see if you can find an old "cruise n carry" motor.  They were really small, very light, and good for just putting around on a raft.  I had one, but it was old and beat up... started leaking gas pretty bad, had to put her out to pasture.  I think they were only like .5-1.5 horse though..
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline Sourdough

1.5, 2.5 hp Outboard
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 12:56:59 PM »
They can no longer be improted or built.  They have been banned from use in California.  Cabala's carried them till the first of the year.  If you check with any dealer they can no longer get them.  If they happen to have some left over they can sell them, but they can no longer order them.  I bought two on E-Bay this week.  I got a 2.7hp Cruise and Carry 17lbs, and a 3hp Sears Gamefisher 18lbs.   These two are light enough for my rafts.  Just want something to get me through dead water while drifting, or across a lake or pond.
What Is A Veteran?