Author Topic: Missing woman found alive living in natl forest. PICS.  (Read 304 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Missing woman found alive living in natl forest. PICS.
« on: May 08, 2021, 12:54:21 PM »

Missing woman found alive living in natl forest. PICS.
« on: Today at 05:50:57 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/missing-utah-woman-found-living-national-forest-wanted-solitude-isolation

Missing Utah woman found living in a national forest reportedly wanted 'solitude and isolation'
Woman lived in the Diamond Fork area of Spanish Fork Canyon for an entire winter and part of spring
By Cortney Moore | Fox News
Fox News Flash top headlines for May 6
The woman who was found living in a national forest earlier this week reportedly told authorities she was in need of an escape.

While maintaining her anonymity, the Utah County Sheriff’s Office told Fox News the woman had been living off the land in Diamond Fork for five months because she wanted "solitude and isolation."

A press release issued Monday noted that the 47-year-old woman was reported missing by U.S. Forest Service officials in November after they spotted what appeared to be her abandoned car and camp gear in the Diamond Fork area of Spanish Fork Canyon.

placeholder
MISSING UTAH WOMAN FOUND LIVING IN TENT AFTER DISAPPEARING FROM CAMPSITE IN NOVEMBER

On May 2, a sheriff’s sergeant and drone pilot discovered the woman's tent not far from where her car was seen.

"Her motivation was, in part, for solitude and isolation," Sgt. Spencer Cannon told Fox News in an email.

COLORADO CAMPERS LEFT FIRE UNATTENDED NEAR STATE PARK, CITATION ISSUED

The woman was taken to a nearby medical center for a physical and mental health evaluation since it appeared she had lost a "considerable amount of weight" and was "weak."

Despite having some mental health struggles, the woman was released a day later. She was provided food and "new items of equipment" that should help her survive the wilderness for a "little while," according to Cannon.

It is not clear whether she will return to the area where she was found.

FAMILY SCOLDED FOR SETTING UP CAMP ON CLIFF'S EDGE: 'NO IDEA OF THE EXTREME DANGER THEY WERE IN'

Although the woman had struggled to find an adequate food supply over winter, Cannon commended her resourcefulness in foraging grass and moss.

Cannon added that the woman’s campsite was well maintained and organized. He also shared that the woman is "very intelligent" and "has held highly respected jobs."

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"So while many of us would consider her way of living to be unsafe or unhealthy, she was quite resourceful," Cannon wrote. "But, as I mentioned, despite her resourcefulness, she had allowed her condition to deteriorate significantly."

Cortney Moore is a Digital Associate Writer/Producer for Fox Business. Follow her on Twitter at @CortneyMoore716.

Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Missing woman found alive living in natl forest. PICS.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 05:48:38 PM »
" despite having some mental health struggles,
the woman was released a day later.  . ."

Doesn't anybody else have a problem
with that revelation? What if a young
mother took her young child camping
in the same area oblivious to the fact
that a person with mental issues was
loose in the area? 
Seems to me just about every time there's
a shooting in my area, they report that
the person was "struggling with mental
issues " and it was already known

Things are sure screwed up these days
Let's go Brandon  !

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 11:42:32 PM »
No to your question. There's some folks here I think have mental issues, but Bill doesn't run'em off.
The woman has a right to be different, and she hadn't bothered anybody out there in 5 months.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 01:10:52 AM »
Not just no but hell no to having a problem with releasing people who have mental health problems. Just because someone has mental health problems doesn't mean they are a threat to society.

I'd rather take my chances with people who have mental health issues than live in a society where doctors are given the power to lock up any people who have mental health problems. Same goes for giving that power to the government. The government already uses mental health as a reason to deny people their 2nd Amendment rights with no due process in the form of red flag laws and also adjudicating people mentally defective.

The more we clamor for the government and doctors to "keep us safe" from people who have mental health problems then the more of us will eventually be declared mentally defective by the government as a means for restricting our rights. Be careful what you wish for, pretty soon the government will declare everyone mentally defective.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783