Author Topic: .455 Webley Self-Loading  (Read 74 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Bob Riebe

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5401
.455 Webley Self-Loading
« on: March 03, 2021, 10:07:10 AM »


I saw these, or what I thought were two, for sale on Gunbroker; now I have approx. 100 original rounds but still buy others when I can if price is not too high.
Well then  reading the site details it says one pack but it shows pictures of two in all pictures .(Some one must have bitched as NOW it say for one pack where it did not say that before.)
Any way I had put in a max. bid of 77 dollars, which for two would be approx. 38  dollars each which nowadays is not bad at all.

If it is for just one I will live with it but so far there has been one other bidder whose singe big brought actually selling price to 58 dollars.
If I had kept all the packs I have bought over the past twenty years in the pack , unopened , I could sell them easily for near three times what I paid for them but I never bought them to resell but to actually shoot which I will one day.

Online billy_56081

  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7648
  • Gender: Male
Re: .455 Webley Self-Loading
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 11:53:41 AM »
Ammo for the hands down coolest revolver ever made.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Bob Riebe

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5401
Re: .455 Webley Self-Loading
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 12:19:42 PM »
Yes and no, you can shoot these in a revolver , due to semi-rimmed design but the packs all say -- Not for Revolver Use -- because most revolver before the Mk V and Mark VI were not reliably strong enough for the smokeless loads used in the Self-Loading cartridges.

Online billy_56081

  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7648
  • Gender: Male
Re: .455 Webley Self-Loading
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 04:48:28 PM »
I was thinking of the Webley Fossberry.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Bob Riebe

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5401
Re: .455 Webley Self-Loading
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 12:00:54 PM »


Webley-Fosbery 1902 Automatic Revolver, Rare Four Inch Barrel

They neve were low priced , but in the past fifteen yeas prices have gotten as silly high as the prices for old Ferraris and such.
Twenty years ago there was a rebuilt one for sale in South Africa (at that time getting guns from there was actually very easy to do.) for one third the price of an undamaged one but I sadly did not make an effort to get it.

Offline Bob Riebe

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5401
Re: .455 Webley Self-Loading
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 12:26:31 PM »
It is amazing some one out bid my 77 dollars ti 79.
I put in one more bid, so now he is paying 83 dollars.
Strange indeed.


Offline Bob Riebe

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5401
Re: .455 Webley Self-Loading
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 02:21:32 PM »
The current price for that ONE PACK of cartridges is now (badaboom ) 180 dollars. :o
I bought one less than five years ago for 40 dollars. 8)