Author Topic: HK INTRODUCES VP9SK  (Read 144 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Graybeard

  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 25207
  • Gender: Male
HK INTRODUCES VP9SK
« on: February 28, 2021, 09:51:06 AM »
https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/hk_introduces_vp9sk/

BY RICHARD JOHNSON             APRIL 24, 2017

When Heckler & Koch introduced the VP9, one of the first questions I heard was “When is a compact model coming?” After some very strong rumors for several months, HK officially announced the VP9SK today.

The new subcompact pistol is like its older brother in several respects. Both are 9mm handguns that use a polymer frame and are striker-fired. Additionally, the new pistol will use interchangeable back straps and side panels to help the hand best fit the gun.

Unlike the larger pistol, a finger extension floor plate will be available for the VP9SK. However, a flush fitting base plate is also available to best fit your concealment and shooting needs.



The new gun will use the same trigger that is found on the original VP9. I tested the original VP9 extensively and found that trigger to be extremely nice. It was light and crisp. If the SK model uses the same trigger, I imagine most people will be very pleased by it.

As with the original, the VP9SK is completely ambidextrous. It uses a paddle style magazine release, which I was surprised to discover I liked quite a bit on the full size gun. I’ve had problems running a paddle magazine release on Walther pistols and did not expect to like it on the VP9. I wound up running the gun very fast with the paddle release and had no problem in transitioning to it from a push button style release.

The new pistol is only 4.57” tall, 6.61” long and has a barrel length of 3.39”. This compares to 5.41”, 7.34” and 4.09” on the original gun. Unloaded, the smaller gun is about 2.5 ounces lighter.

HK equips the VP9SK with 10-round magazines standard. However, the company states that 13-round and 15-round magazines with grip sleeves will be available later in the year.

Although the company doesn’t directly address this, I suspect that the new guns will run on the full-size VP9 magazine. The key, however, would be to avoid slamming them home when reloading. This could damage the ejector and render the gun inoperable.

The new pistols have a suggested retail price of $719.


Richard Johnson

Richard is a writer with a background in law enforcement and sports photography. In addition to his work in the firearms industry, he writes in the sci-fi and fantasy genres. More of his work can be found at GunsHolstersAndGear



Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Online Graybeard

  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 25207
  • Gender: Male
Re: HK INTRODUCES VP9SK
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 09:53:21 AM »
Anyone here own or shoot an HK? I am not even sure I've ever held one tho I have seen them in display cases at gun shops. I've heard their triggers are the best out there, I wonder is that true.

I know my Walther .45 has the best trigger of any semiauto duty size gun I've ever owned or shot.


Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Online billy_56081

  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7648
  • Gender: Male
Re: HK INTRODUCES VP9SK
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 12:05:03 PM »
Besides an HK 91 and MP5 I have not fired any HK products.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.