Author Topic: Scored today at Wally world..  (Read 682 times)

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
Scored today at Wally world..
« on: February 19, 2021, 03:08:28 PM »
  Happened by the closest Wally world  today..and decided to drop by the gun department, to see if any ammo came in.

Surprise, some came in this morning..  Rimfire left was CCI standards, my favorite for accuracy, squirrels etc.  I have a fairly good supply at home, but decided to reinforce my "stash"..  The clerk said..how many 50 round boxes do you want?  I elected to take 5 boxes, while a fellow standing nearby took the same.

The clerk indicated that I could get as many as I want (or they had)..  ...But I figured, somebody else may want some ammo, so I let the rest go to the following customers.

Although Walmart and other stores around here carry a range of brands, CCI seems to be very dominant in the whole range of rimfires!

Oops! Hav eto take that back//if I want 17 gr V-Max .17 HMRs..Hornadys are easier to find !
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Scored today at Wally world..
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 03:25:53 PM »
  Happened by the closest Wally world  today..and decided to drop by the gun department, to see if any ammo came in.

Surprise, some came in this morning..  Rimfire left was CCI standards, my favorite for accuracy, squirrels etc.  I have a fairly good supply at home, but decided to reinforce my "stash"..  The clerk said..how many 50 round boxes do you want?  I elected to take 5 boxes, while a fellow standing nearby took the same.

The clerk indicated that I could get as many as I want (or they had)..  ...But I figured, somebody else may want some ammo, so I let the rest go to the following customers.

Although Walmart and other stores around here carry a range of brands, CCI seems to be very dominant in the whole range of rimfires!

Oops! Hav eto take that back//if I want 17 gr V-Max .17 HMRs..Hornadys are easier to find !
Lucky dog.
The Wally worlds around here have cobwebs in the ammo display cases.
I try my two local gun shops, but so do a million other folks.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline ironglows

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 03:47:22 PM »
  While CCI standards are my favorite for accuracy, and I use them for squirrels, I find hollow point  CCI standards are hard to find.  So, I built my own accurizer dies.
  I can flatten the points, making an SGB bullet..and I can make a nice conical hollow point  too  I also may add a star hollow point, by using the proper sized Phillips screw driver.

https://www.portercalls.com/neal_waltz_die.htm

"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline DEACONLLB

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 05:05:25 AM »
Our store puts out ammo on Tuesday and Thursday so I go by and see what they have Tuesday was 350 legend so I got 3 boxes we are limited to 3 boxes. Thursday they had 243-30-30- 3006 and 22 Mag So I got a box of 243, 30-30 and 22 mag. I ran a check on my ammo and I found that I have some 17 HMR  and no gun.

Deaconllb
Korean war vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing K14 Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defense Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the  CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.

Offline ulav8r

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 06:20:13 AM »
Yesterday saw some ammo on the shelves at the local Wally for the first time in over a year.  Had 5-6 CCI standard velocity at about 3.60 per box, 2 or 3 other boxes of rimfires at higher prices, and 6-8 boxes of cf ammo.  Clerk said they had a few boxes of 500ct Winchesters about 2 weeks ago that sold out in about 10 minutes.