Author Topic: one comming home today.  (Read 751 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
one comming home today.
« on: February 19, 2021, 02:03:41 AM »
traded off a tang safety ruger 77 ultralite 250 sav about 10 years ago for a 1911. Buddy called and asked if i wanted to trade back. We do this all the time. One gun has come and gone 3 times between us. Im 1911 flush right now and am not a big 77 fan but that little 250 was a real shooter and shot many loads into moa. Probably the second most accurate 77 ive ever owned. used to have 5 250s and slowly they all went. Will be kind of nice to have one back and my favorite one at that.
blue lives matter

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: one comming home today.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 01:12:48 PM »
I had a tang safety heavy barrel .243 that was sure enough a shooter......with my hand loads.....shot factories about 2 inches.......it was stolen and I'm sure who ever got it thought it was a piece of crap.....but it was near a one hole shooter with my loads.....
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: one comming home today.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 10:34:06 PM »
well its already going away today. Another good friend who i originaly traded to get that gun about did back flips when he heard i got it back. it was his wifes deer rifle. He asked me what it would take and i picked something thats about impossible to find. A control round fed win 70 featherweight in 280. Well low and behold buds gun shop got 6 in. Cost him a grand to get one but he wanted it that bad. Were meeting up to swap. I have to say this is one of the hardest swaps ive done. That gun is just so cute. If he wasnt my friend and didnt buy it new for his wife id have never let it go.
blue lives matter