Author Topic: Scientists find evidence Stonehenge might have been built in Wales then moved  (Read 1803 times)

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
You do have a point there.

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
I'm going to go out on a limb here. I would bet that the pagans and other early cultures believed in their particular gods just as much as today's Christians believe in God. If you think about it, why wouldn't they. They had no knowledge of a God as we believe in today. Call them devil worshipers, pagans, or whatever, they lived in an entirely different time as we do.

Offline ironglows

I appreciate your position on this set of ideas. I do take exception to this idea, though:
“ Everybody at some point has been given the truth, or has had the opportunity to seek it out.”
I am pretty sure that is not so. There are cultures, even today, that have never been exposed to Christianity. Certainly those who lived BC were not. I understand, or think that I do, that much depends on what you mean as “the truth”.

For inquiring minds....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc7nec1JOkE
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline darkgael

IG: Inquiring mind that I am, I followed the link that you provided. I know that you meant well. Unfortunately, that is 6:34 of my life that I will never get back. The speaker in that piece may believe that he has done a good job but he never really answers what he was asked. He gets sideways at the beginning when states that the question is a “moral” question (it is not) and that asking it “impugns” the nature of God (it does not). He talks over, under, around and through what he was asked but never answers the question. The nearest he comes is when he says that God is fair and will never leave a soul without a path to salvation. Then he contradicts that by reiterating that one can only be saved through Christ. Kinda hard for those souls  who lived and died before Christ was born and before Christianity was evangelized.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Asking questions about anybody's Salvation that ever lived, whether 6 thousand years ago, or 6 seconds ago, is pure speculative, and waste of time.
God doesn't share that information with anybody but the deceased person themselves.
All these smart folks that think they have the answers, usually are the last ones to catch on.
They can't hear the music, because they like the sound  of their own voice so much, they won't stop yappin long enough to listen.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Bob Riebe

Debble worship? No. Pagan, yes.
Potāto, potăto.

Are we to understand that you equate “pagan” worship as devil worship? I hope not because that would be wrong.
God gave man quite a bit of leeway when salvation was still coming; that changed after Jesus did the work for salvation, now the ignorant still had God's grace but once the word was available, man makes his own future.

Acts 17
 30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, 31 because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”

Romans 2
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;

26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?

Far , far too much credit is given to Satan when man digs his own grave, Satan just watches.
Reminds me of Flip Wilson and The Devil Made Me Do It.
Ordained preachers , preaching false doctrine, I believe , is probably where Satan' minions dwell.

Offline Dee

[quote
God gave man quite a bit of leeway when salvation was still coming;

Acts 17
 30 The times of ignorance God overlooked
[/quote]

Where ya gettin your info on these two statements Bob?

Offline Bob Riebe

God gave man quite a bit of leeway when salvation was still coming;

Acts 17
 30 The times of ignorance God overlooked -- but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Where ya gettin your info on these two statements Bob?
Taking the words of the Bible at face value.

King James
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Offline Dee

Interesting, gonna check into that.

Offline darkgael

Asking questions about anybody's Salvation that ever lived, whether 6 thousand years ago, or 6 seconds ago, is pure speculative, and waste of time.
God doesn't share that information with anybody but the deceased person themselves.
All these smart folks that think they have the answers, usually are the last ones to catch on.
They can't hear the music, because they like the sound  of their own voice so much, they won't stop yappin long enough to listen.
There is a lot of truth in that.

Offline ironglows

Context, context, context...  Who is talking, who is he talking to and what was the situation?

Acts17..Starting vs 24, Paul is talking directly to Greeks on Mars Hill, who were at that time worshipping to a idol called "To an unnamed god".
      Yes; their individual time of ignorance He can overlook, just as He overlooks our past sins, when we come to repentance.  After all, much of our pst sins could be considered,"following a false god"..false gods of money, fame, succe$$, prestiege and many others.

Interesting how the KJV says "God winked at" !  I doubt it was meant as a wink of approval, as much as a wink sending a serious message..

Words, gestures and customs change over the centuries..and that translation was completed about 500 years ago..
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..