Author Topic: 300 h&h  (Read 932 times)

Offline fatercat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
300 h&h
« on: February 09, 2021, 03:15:22 AM »
I have two Remington 721 in 300 H&H. anybody have or hunt with one. I bought dies and primers and powder. thinking about using 165 gn accubond on deer and elk. your thoughts?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: 300 h&h
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 03:43:15 AM »
I tend to think of the .300 H&H as a warm .30-06 tho I realize it can be loaded to almost 300 Win. Mag levels and I have seen such loads.

I once had a .300 Win. Mag and wow that thing shook my teeth loose when I fired it. The gun was a Remington M700 with an almost pencil thin barrel and light synthetic stock. It was way too light for me to be shooting as a magnum. I fired less than two boxes of ammo and traded it on same rifle but in .270 Winchester and sure never missed the magnum.

However, in answer to your question, yes I think the 165 Accubond should be an excellent choice for you in  your rifles. I tend to go with the Nosler Partitions mostly myself but a 165 or 180 of either bullet should do all you need them to do.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: 300 h&h
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 03:45:22 AM »
I have a rem 700 classic. It is kind of fussy if moa means anything to you. It will shoot many bullets under 2moa but the only one that shoots moa is the barnes tipped 180 x. Funny thing is thats  the most accurate bullet in my 300 wby model 700 too. Not a big barnes fan for the small bores but that bullet has killed many deer in those two guns and it knocks the cork out of them and actually does less meat damage then some others. Especially if the shot happens to be under a 100 yards. Another good thing is with that bullet either gun is good to go for anything from pronghorn to deer to elk to even moose and griz. But truth be told at my age the only killing left will be deer. Cant see going out west hunting again.
blue lives matter