Author Topic: Ruger American bolt action in 7.62x39  (Read 1157 times)

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Ruger American bolt action in 7.62x39
« on: January 20, 2021, 02:31:28 AM »
I just traded my SIL one of my ARs for it. It has a vortex 3-9 mounted on it and SIL threw in a extra 10 round mag along with the 5 round mag.

My grandson has become disenchanted with his AR I gave him last year. He wants a bolt gun. So I traded for the Ruger American. Has the tan synthetic stock and 16” barrel. I’ve got 30 boxes of soft points for it. But I will doll them out to him. He will shot them all if I gave them to him all at one time.

He told me the AR dosent shoot good anymore. But I picked it up and put 5 shots in the bulls eye with it at 50 yards. So I may just keep it for myself and give my SIL one of my heavier ARs for the Ruger. The lightweight only weighs 6 pounds locked & loaded.
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline orerancher

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Ruger American bolt action in 7.62x39
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 05:52:13 AM »
I like Mine!

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 06:11:53 AM »
  They ' re quite accurate for a 400 dollar rifle . My creedmore is  heavier than I like  now that arthritis has set into my shoulders .  Thats the only reason I wouldnt buy another one .

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 11:26:53 PM »
I bought one from another member in 308 caliber with scope.  Its original plastic stock had sharp edged "fins", certainly missed in Quality prior to shipping, from the  edges where the injection mold halves came together and perhaps too great a pressure.  Everywhere the hand glides along the stock there is a very sharp "cutting edge". 

I contacted Ruger.  They shipped me a NEW stock, no questions asked, one of a modified mold and rolled smooth edges.

I reloaded some 168 gr., 165 gr., and 150 gr. jacketed bullets from Hornady, Sierra, and Nosler respectively.  The rifle digests it all and delivers exemplary performance to 250 yards in a compact carbine length rifle that mimics my Winchester 270 in accuracy and position.

The removable knurled muzzle cap protects micro-threads there for the addition of a brake or suppressor - I assume.  Anyone use one of those on a Ruger American Predator rifle?

Offline Flynmoose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 05:57:13 AM »
I have two Ruger Americans, a 223 and 22-250. They are a great value, I find no fault in either one. My 7.62X39 is a CZ 527, I restocked it because the youth stock was uncomfortable. I bought a CZ Lux stock, fit easily and is a hoot to shoot now! If the American came out earlier I would have likely bought it since I do have a touch of Ruger disease.
Bill
Dear God please protect our troops, especially the snipers.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 04:27:12 PM »
I have the Ruger Ranch in 762x39. It shoots everything well from Russian steel case ammo, hand loads to subsonic ammo. I put a VOX suppressor on it with great results. I use it on whitetail deer.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 11:23:59 PM »
had a stainless 77 in 762x39 the mk II with the wood grip inserts. That gun was a tack driver. Outshot every 77 ive ever owned. My buddy talked me out of it. I have the same gun as yours right now in 300bo and its another good shooting ruger. I almost bought a 762x39 but talked myself out of it. What id like to get eventually is a american in 6.5 grendel. but with the bad experience i had with my bushmaster ar in 762x39 if that was the caliber i wanted id sure take an american over an ar15. That comes from someone that loves Ars
blue lives matter