Author Topic: I don't know if this will work for others but it's worth a try I think  (Read 668 times)

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
I have put up with itchy, gritty, watering eyes for years. I figured it was allergies and the couple of doctors I mentioned it to thought so. Allergy pills work well on my runny, sneezey nose and helped a little with my eye problem as did eye drops but not greatly. I even used Ivory sensitive skin soap to wash my face.

I started prep for cataract removal seven weeks ago and the first thing to be done was to wash around the eye to be operated on with baby shampoo beginning one week before surgery. In three days I noticed my problems were almost gone and by the time the week was over they were gone. I have continued to use the baby shampoo and wash my face completely with it now first thing in the morning and and right before going to bed at night and will continue to do so as long as it prevents the problem.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: I don't know if this will work for others but it's worth a try I think
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 05:50:07 PM »
Ya know, I have itchy eyes and momma puts “blink” in them about every day plus I itch all over my body.
So, in the guest bathroom is a bottle of baby shampoo that my wife washes the dogs with.
It’ll be in my bathroom for tomorrow’s shower.
It would be a miracle if it turned out I was allergic to my soap and shampoo.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline oldandslow

Re: I don't know if this will work for others but it's worth a try I think
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 04:39:38 AM »
I use Ivory sensitive skin soap to shower with and we wash our clothes with Persil sensitive skin detergant as it seems to work better than other makers products. My back still itched and I mentioned it at my last dermatology check-up. The Dr. said I can prescribe something that will stop that and it's dirt cheap. It's triamcinolone acetonide cream-0.1% and it is certainly cheap. A 454 gram tub which is larger than most over the counter products was 5 bucks with my drug plan and it blows the OTC stuff away in effectiveness. You might discuss this during your next doctor's visit. You use it like other cortisone based skin medication, five days on and two off. It works so well I only put it, well, my wife puts it on for me, once a day instead of twice daily.

Offline Mule 11

Hunters specialties body soap & shampoo make me itch. Wildlife research does not. Out of hunting season I use it just for shampoo and use dove sensitive skin soap without fragrance.