Author Topic: Ford's 'Brazilian Bronco' discontinued, but the factory is for sale  (Read 498 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/fords-brazilian-bronco-troller

By Gary Gastelu | Fox News

Ford has announced plans to end manufacturing in Brazil, which means one of the coolest vehicles it builds will soon be discontinued.

The Troller T4 is a Bronco-style off-roader based on the international version of the Ford Ranger that went on sale in 2014. Troller was founded as an independent automaker in the 1990s and sold a T4 of its own design when it was acquired by Ford’s Brazilian division in 2007, which engineered the all-new model.

(Ford)

The T4 isn't a huge seller and has never been offered in the United States but has a cult following in South America thanks to its status as a homegrown competitor to the Jeep Wrangler. It rides on a pair of solid axles, is powered by a 200 hp 3.2-liter five-cylinder turbodiesel engine and has a starting price equivalent to $32,000.

(Ford)

Production of the T4 is set to wrap up at the end of 2021, but there is hope. Ford said it will entertain offers to take over its production facilities in the country, potentially opening the door to keep the T4 alive.

Brazilian off-roaders won’t be left in the dust, however, as Ford plans to bring the new Bronco in the country soon.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ford's 'Brazilian Bronco' discontinued, but the factory is for sale
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 09:46:06 AM »
Nice looking little 4X4 though. Not a bad price either.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 04:11:46 AM »
But still nearly $4000 more than a Jeep Wrangler.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 06:00:43 AM »
But still nearly $4000 more than a Jeep Wrangler.

True that, and some jeep dealers are offering clearance sales.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 05:37:36 AM »
Plus you can get jeep parts darn near everywhere when you need them. OEM and aftermarket.

Mine has a little over 80,000 miles on it and I am replacing the brake pads as preventive maintenance. Rock Auto had them on line for about half including shipping as what they would cost me locally for. I ordered them Saturday and they are supposed to be here tomorrow.