Author Topic: Eight O'clock Coffee k-cups  (Read 66 times)

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
Eight O'clock Coffee k-cups
« on: January 13, 2021, 04:57:59 AM »
While following my wife around in the grocery store waiting on her to tell me to get something up high or down low and put it in the basket I noticed the k-cup display and I spent a little bit of time reading and comparing prices. Most of the k-cup coffee I've tried isn't to my liking at all but I saw the eight o'clock stuff and remembered reading somewhere that it's pretty good and the price was definately good compared to most of the other selections so I decided to get a box. I figured it wouldn't be the first time I got burned trying something someone else thought was good and if I didn't care for it I could always pass it on to my son. He drinks some brands of coffee and likes them I consider good only as drain cleaners. I think his years in the army fried his taste buds. I got a pleasant surprise. This stuff tastes pretty good and the price is certainly good in comparison to most.

Online cosh

Re: Eight O'clock Coffee k-cups
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 05:36:06 AM »
Thanks for the report on the eight-o'clock coffee. In a similar theme - the Organic Dark Roast from Sam's Club has a good taste to me. Our local store is sold out but when it's stock I get a bulk box. Lower prices than SBux.  ;)

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 05:43:13 AM »
You gents with your Keurig machines have you had any troubles.
My sig's. niece had one and used it for several years then it went belly up.
Now they have another brewing machine that is beyond the norm; glad I did not get them K cups for Christmas nor spent bucks for one.
We have a bargain store up here where I can get foo-foo coffee from five to six bucks a bag but even there the K cups just do not add up money wise.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 07:30:06 AM »
I have had three Kurigs. I gave the first one to our sonafter a couple of years when my wife decided she wanted a red one to match her dinnerware. My second lasted about a year and the one I gave away died shortly bfore that. My third one started leaking shortly after it was purchased. I returned it and replaced it with a $20 single cup gadget. It's over a year old now and still going strong. I won't recommend a Kuerig to anyone any more.

Offline Mule 11

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 09:21:58 AM »
I buy the eight oíclock espresso and have to run the hot water over it again stirred through with a spoon and itís good to me. BIL said it tastes like crap. Good. More for me.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 09:55:17 AM »
I buy the eight oíclock espresso and have to run the hot water over it again stirred through with a spoon and itís good to me. BIL said it tastes like crap. Good. More for me.
LOL, I call that Minnesota brown, tastes like stale water, but too many up here make that slop.  :o

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 05:45:45 PM »
I have had three Kurigs. I gave the first one to our sonafter a couple of years when my wife decided she wanted a red one to match her dinnerware. My second lasted about a year and the one I gave away died shortly bfore that. My third one started leaking shortly after it was purchased. I returned it and replaced it with a $20 single cup gadget. It's over a year old now and still going strong. I won't recommend a Kuerig to anyone any more.
I drink 8 oíclock most of the time because I like medium roast. Itís a good balance between flavor and caffeine content.
Other than that I drink Gevalia when I can find medium roast, which isnít often..
I too am on my third brewer.  The first two were large units with reservoirs and other gadgets but each one went kaput in two months..
Then, I bought a single serve and itís been going strong for more than ten years.
I pat it fondly every morning while my one and only daily cup is brewing.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Online ironglows

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 09:12:24 AM »
My son bought me a Keurig a couple years ago.  It worked well until recently, when it started blowing the cups out.  It seems to affect the tinfoil lids the most.  Pressure builds up, until the lid splits around the perforator..then it put coffee grounds throughout the catch mug.
  I can normally avoid the pressure buildup, if when I place the Keurig cup in the machine , I turn it and perforate the bottom of the cup 3-4 times.

I'm gradually switching back to my old 4 cup, Mr Coffee machine..
Jesus answered and said to him;"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God".  (John 3:3)

Offline Mule 11

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 09:50:00 AM »
LOL, I call that Minnesota brown, tastes like stale water, but too many up here make that slop.  :o
Sure canít say itís brown the way I make it itís blacker than sorosís soul...

Online ironglows

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 10:24:30 AM »
Sure canít say itís brown the way I make it itís blacker than sorosís soul...
  Man!  That has to be blacker than the inside of a stack of black cats !   ;)  ;D
Jesus answered and said to him;"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God".  (John 3:3)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 03:52:42 PM »
My son bought me a Keurig a couple years ago.  It worked well until recently, when it started blowing the cups out.  It seems to affect the tinfoil lids the most.  Pressure builds up, until the lid splits around the perforator..then it put coffee grounds throughout the catch mug.
  I can normally avoid the pressure buildup, if when I place the Keurig cup in the machine , I turn it and perforate the bottom of the cup 3-4 times.

Run a thin wire up through the spout a few times and ream it out.  It's just stopped up. :)
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Online ironglows

« Reply #11 on: Today at 03:15:52 AM »

Run a thin wire up through the spout a few times and ream it out.  It's just stopped up. :)

That spout you are speaking about.. is that the part which comes down to puncture the top (lid) of the cup ?