Author Topic: Duplicate forums?  (Read 943 times)

Offline freddyboomboom

• Trade Count: (0)
Duplicate forums?
« on: January 02, 2021, 07:38:00 AM »
Hello. I just registered, and I'm confused (beyond my chronic condition). I was reading an older thread on DIY BP mortars on The Highroad, and a post recommended the Greybeard Outdoors Blackpowder Mortar and Cannon forum, and supplied a link. The link failed. A web search produced hits to this forum and another that appears nearly identical at https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/blackpowder-mortar-cannon-by-seacoast-artillery.88/
Both seem to have posts from 2020. I registered for that one, as well. Can someone briefly tell me the differences? Thanks.

FreddyBB

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Duplicate forums?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 11:17:56 AM »
As DoubleD told you on the other site, this site is owned by same folks who started GBO over 20 years ago. We sold that site back in 2014. Matt saw the decline there due to so many changes in ownership and software changes.

So he bought this domain, used a copy of the database from 2014 as the base and open this site. This site has all the old cannon forum posts from 2014 back but not those newer ones posted to the go2gbo site since we sold it.

The older links work here I think whereas they don't over there. Most of the cannon guys post there not here. You are welcome to post on both.

Here you will find the original owners and the original software but there you'll find more cannon guys.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 02:43:21 PM »
This a very good archive resource. 

One thing, sadly, there are number of members here on the old board who have passed on, and they are missed.

At one time this cannon board was one of the most active on  GBO.

Offline northwoodneil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 03:00:33 PM »
Please post your cannon concerns here as well as the other site. I like keeping in touch with other cannon folks but rarely check the other site. I just don't care for the new format over there. Welcome aboard.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

― John Wayne "The Shootist"