Author Topic: Red dot sight on a drilling.  (Read 1344 times)

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Red dot sight on a drilling.
« on: October 29, 2020, 03:07:03 AM »
Lately I致e been trying different kinds of red dot sights. Just mounted a Burris speed bead on my new 410 semiauto. And have several red dots on lever rifles and AR 15s. A couple holographic sights on the ARs.

But my question is to this forum is has anyone mounted a electronic sight on a drilling? My drillings came with big heavy scopes mounted in expensive rings mounts. But a holo sight or red dot only weights a few ounces, and works well for ball or shot. So I知 getting interested in trying one on one of my drillings.

Any suggestions?

Since my mobility is limited now days, I seldom shoot over 50 yards. And most dot sights are fine for closer range shooting. I知 usually in a stand or sitting in my ATV. Walking miles like I used to enjoy is a thing of the past for me now.
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Red dot sight on a drilling.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 03:09:19 AM »
never saw one but saw a african safari show on tv a while back where some guy had a red dot on a double rifle hunting buffalo. So i guess if you dont care what others think its your gun and you can put a tasco 4 x on it if you want. Who am i to judge
Lately I致e been trying different kinds of red dot sights. Just mounted a Burris speed bead on my new 410 semiauto. And have several red dots on lever rifles and AR 15s. A couple holographic sights on the ARs.

But my question is to this forum is has anyone mounted a electronic sight on a drilling? My drillings came with big heavy scopes mounted in expensive rings mounts. But a holo sight or red dot only weights a few ounces, and works well for ball or shot. So I知 getting interested in trying one on one of my drillings.

Any suggestions?

Since my mobility is limited now days, I seldom shoot over 50 yards. And most dot sights are fine for closer range shooting. I知 usually in a stand or sitting in my ATV. Walking miles like I used to enjoy is a thing of the past for me now.
blue lives matter

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: Red dot sight on a drilling.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 10:03:07 AM »
never saw one but saw a african safari show on tv a while back where some guy had a red dot on a double rifle hunting buffalo. So i guess if you dont care what others think its your gun and you can put a tasco 4 x on it if you want. Who am i to judge

Any suggestions?

Actually Lloyd, I知 not concerned about what you or anyone else thinks about my choice of sights. I was looking for ideas on how to mount a dot sight or perhaps a holographic sight. A drilling has a small rod running through the rib to flip up the rear sight when you cock the rifle barrel. It going to take some though to get around that problem.
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE