Author Topic: My Newest Neighbor Is An Idiot!  (Read 809 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
My Newest Neighbor Is An Idiot!
« on: October 16, 2020, 11:38:28 AM »
For 2 months I put up with their female pitbull several times a week coming down here a raising hell. Talked to'em twice and the cops finally sent the city boys to my house and picked it up. Haven't seen that one since.

Then they started letting their big gray and white pitbull male run loose. He finally found my house and ole Rufus last Saturday morning, and the had a heck of a fight through the fence.
I ran him off, and followed him home. Woman there said shoot him next time.

Well, at 8 o'clock this morning another big ruckus and he was trying to pull boards off my gate.
Didn't shoot him, broke it up and followed him home again.

I don't think I really have gotten through, so I called the city code enforcement guy, and the cops.
We'll see if that works,  but I loaded my shotgun for future conflict with the damn pitbull.
Enough is enough.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
Re: My Newest Neighbor Is An Idiot!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 01:36:27 PM »
Permission granted. Load and lock.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 10:59:11 PM »
yup but its easy for them to deny they gave you permission. You shoot someones dog youd best have proof the was attacking something. Especially if its on the other side of a fence.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 02:31:09 AM »
I've shot'em before, and i don't need anyone permission. The rules ain't complicated, I'm just getting soft, and more patient with morons.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 03:29:14 AM »
you can shoot a dog not on your property on the other side of a fence thats in your yard just for barking or growling? I know it wouldnt fly here. Youd not only get charged for killing someones pet but discharging a gun within city limits. Now if that dog is a serious threat to you or your dog its a differnt story but the burden of proof is on you. There is no separate laws for pit bulls or any other pets. Seems if theres a fence between them it takes two to tangle and your dog is a bit aggressive too. Had some campers dog this spring in my yard that went after my lab and he came running for the house. He sure didnt want to fight. Heck ive seen dominant acting wiener dogs and thats the only breed that in 30 years of being in the public as a lineman ive ever been bit buy. Meter readers get it the worse. ALL of them would say watch out for the small dogs. There the ones that bite the most. If theres ANY doubt the smart move is to call animal control or the police. Last resort is killing someone elses dog. Bottom line is that dogs owner needs to be read the riot act by the police and like ANY dog kept in your yard. I invested about a grand putting a in ground dog fence around my yard. Not because he bites but because he might accidently wonder into some idots yard thats going to shoot him just because he doesnt like Labs or there dog decides to start a fight.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 03:51:43 AM »

What the neighbors' pitbull does on other folks property, is of no concern to me, nor have I implied that it was.

The discussion has been entirely about the problems the pitbull was, and is causing ON MY PROPERTY.
Regardless of which dog (mine or the pitbull), starts the fight, the pitbull is the trespasser, and the catalyst for the fight.

COMMON SENSE DICTATES, at least here in Texas, that one does not have to wait to be attacked by an aggressive pitbull,  or person, ESPECIALLY on their own property.

A KEY ELEMENT, is said "common sense" and awareness, and knowledge of local laws concerning defending one property,  pets, livestock, and family.

I would encourage others interested and reading this thread, to read what "I personally wrote" concerning the situation as the actual , and ongoing facts, rather than conjured up fabricated issues.
Or as Trump would say; fake news  8)

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 08:56:54 AM »
Wow I'm just happy we don't have that here. Sure we get city dumped off dogs sometimes, but they can't get past the fences. And I'm not sure if they are violent or not. Usually a shot in the air runs them off.
But its sad that people do that to them, they basicly are lost out there. City cats also, I hit em with a BB gun and they run off.

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 01:27:46 PM »
I get a dog dumped on me now and then. I call the sheriff's department and they send out animal control. It's weird. I guess "dog catcher" is demeaning so we switched names and put them in the sheriffs department. I have to hand it to them though. They show up quickly when you call. There is no way I would shoot a dog now unless it was attacking me or a family member. To do so would result in a hefty fine and maybe jail time. Dogs are more precious than people in this state it seems.

Cats are different. You are just stuck with them. The coyotes usually help out though.

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 01:53:17 PM »
We don't have animal control, city or county.

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2020, 05:26:17 PM »
I once had a neighbor with an unfriendly dog.  I faced down uncomfortably in my driveway while he retrieved it.  I told him to take better care of that dog because I won't be afraid in my own yard.  He got the message.  Also wearing a shoulder holster while walking around my yard didn't hurt.

Other than in the city, Oregon is an open carry state but most people don't know it.  I won't push it but I will pack around the yard if I feel I need to...

Tony

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2020, 10:36:50 PM »
I "perp walked" the neighbor's snarling, teeth bared, barking, aggressive pit bull back to its owner's yard one morning last year with no strings attached - just backed it up to its own fenced yard.  It had dug out.  I had my 380 Walther drawn and at the ready, should it decide to attack me.  I would have sent it straight to dog heaven in the middle of the suburban street. 

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2020, 12:07:23 AM »
I did read what you posted
and the had a heck of a fight through the fence.
The way the post reads the dog wasnt on your property but on the other side of your fence and your dog was also as close to being off your property as the other dog was to being on it and as you said your dog was fighting too. Im not trying to fight with you here. Im just saying that that dog was not attacking you and was not on your property and your dog surely wasnt trying to escape from a fight it was right there doing the same thing and seems a bit agressive too. Dog attacks me or my family or if i even think it is going to id shoot it in a heartbeat and let the judge decide but i wouldn't shoot a dog no matter what the breed thats not even endangering my dog. that my dog was as guilty as it was for fighting. I dont think even a texas judge would pat you on the back for that one. Like you we dont have animal control here. But i could sure call the sheriff and have them talk to the people. Im sure you as an ex law enforcement officer could surely attest to LOTS of people get themselves in trouble that could be avoided if they let the police deal with disputes. You gave them one warning yourself. Second time its obvious there not listening and its time to have the police talk to them. Now you read your post and show me what i fabricated
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2020, 03:10:10 AM »
I was cutting a big tree down in my front yard yesterday, with the help of my neighbor Rick.. Rufus was laying out there watching us, and  another neighbor walked across the road to talk.

Asked me and Rick if we had any trouble with the new neighbors pitbull. Rick said he'd had to take one of his little dogs into the house because it had tried to get it, I told him about the problems I had.
We all have fenced back yards but none of our side yards, or front yards are fenced.
The complaint from the visiting neighbor doesn't have a gate up, and the pitbull has ruined an expensive bbq grill cover.
Rick had asked the police about his rights concerning the pitbull and the officer told him he could protect his pets, and family anyway necessary.
Hopefully the police will get these bozos's attention.
There are at least 2 families living in the house. It's a busy corner.

Offline Bullseye

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2020, 05:26:28 PM »
I'm sick of people and their dogs and people treating them like people.  Sick of going into stores and people have their dang dogs.  Keep them at home and under control.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2020, 11:57:36 PM »
why wont the police themselves got talk to the people if they got a complaint? You must have some kind of leash law there if there off there own property within city limits. Bottom line is the police can tell you anything they want but its the judge that will decide if your actions were warranted or not. If it were me id at least file a written complaint and would have your neighbors do the same. That would hold alot of water in court. sounds to me like you have as big of a concern with the crack house/welfare commune that is starting up next to you. Maybe that dogs there to keep prying eyes away. An official complaint or a talk with the buddys you used to work with might have them watching it a bit closer to boot.  last recourse is shooting it off your property. My partner at work had a 22 year old son that shot a dog that kept comming in his yard. the peopled filed charges and he told the judge it was chasing a deer when he shot it. He got 2 weeks in jail and a 2k fine. That dog was in his yard (his yard was about 10 acres) Judge said it didnt attack anyone and wasnt a danger to anyone. Told him you cant shoot a deer or bear on your property for just being there and you cant shoot a dog either. If yo dont want them on your property put up a fence. Until it attacks you or yours its just a misdemeanor leash law violation and thered be a pile of dogs around her dead if they were shot for just that. Ive got dogs every day coming to play with mine. Hes the only dog in the area that is fenced in (electronic fenced in 3 acres). i guess around here we have bear and wolves to worry about so someones pet wondering by doesnt even raise an eyebrow. Dogs running free is one of the perks of not living in a city.   
I was cutting a big tree down in my front yard yesterday, with the help of my neighbor Rick.. Rufus was laying out there watching us, and  another neighbor walked across the road to talk.

Asked me and Rick if we had any trouble with the new neighbors pitbull. Rick said he'd had to take one of his little dogs into the house because it had tried to get it, I told him about the problems I had.
We all have fenced back yards but none of our side yards, or front yards are fenced.
The complaint from the visiting neighbor doesn't have a gate up, and the pitbull has ruined an expensive bbq grill cover.
Rick had asked the police about his rights concerning the pitbull and the officer told him he could protect his pets, and family anyway necessary.
Hopefully the police will get these bozos's attention.
There are at least 2 families living in the house. It's a busy corner.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2020, 01:04:02 AM »
I'm sick of people and their dogs and people treating them like people.  Sick of going into stores and people have their dang dogs.  Keep them at home and under control.

Agreed!

Myself, and other neighbors have come to the realization that at least 2 families have moved into this house.
Some who decorate their yards, and leave their garage doors open, have had to stop doing both. This bunch has kids that will go through into houses, and garages that are open, or unlocked.
Because many in the neighborhood have small children, and small house dogs, their afraid to let either into their front yards because of this pitbull.
He's super aggressive to other dogs, so unless the city, or police  enforce our lease law everybody is pretty much on their own.
Luckily, here in Texas protecting personal property, including pets is pretty straightforward.

As for the pets going in stores, folks and store owners around here are tiring of it. Most that do, are big city, and California transplants.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2020, 01:24:01 AM »
Luckily, here in Texas protecting personal property, including pets is pretty straightforward
Then get to it. Bitching here wont solve it. Never seen it solve anything.
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2020, 01:28:56 AM »
Bill, why don't you go ahead and lock this thread up. Its startin to deteriorate?

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 02:03:22 AM »
Good grief Lloyd, why do you feel compelled to try to control everything people say. If Dee wants to talk about the problem his neighbors dog causes just let him. I don’t see where Dee has done anything wrong. Bill wants post counts to go up and your fighting with others is not going to help.
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2020, 02:43:41 AM »
why do 90 percent of your post comprise of trying to tell me what i did or what i believe is wrong??? Like anyone else here im allowed an opinion. Never made a personal attack in any of it so unless your trying to single me out and attack me what need did your post serve? comical thing is a couple days from now youll be telling Dee what he is saying is wrong. Seems you have quiet a history of htat too. Dees a big boy. Much better at defending himself intelligently then most and sure doesnt need or didnt ask for your help.
Good grief Lloyd, why do you feel compelled to try to control everything people say. If Dee wants to talk about the problem his neighbors dog causes just let him. I don’t see where Dee has done anything wrong. Bill wants post counts to go up and your fighting with others is not going to help.
blue lives matter