Author Topic: Ball games  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
Ball games
« on: October 14, 2020, 05:10:12 PM »
I am glad the Yankees are out of the playoff but I hope the Dodgers die also.

Minnesota Viqueens spent millions more extending Q-back Cousins contract, while cutting top defense players,  and are now 1-3, I am so happy.  ;D

I do await the next baseball season, partly because I like baseball; because I want to see how badly the powers that be have screwed things up; while 40 plus year old Nelson Cruz was/is the best player on the team and wants to come back.

Offline Bob Riebe

Re: Ball games
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 03:01:25 PM »
pp....p[[[[[['This makes me happy, I do not follow football often but did two years ago when they a quarter back who gave credit to the team, not himself.
He weren't not good enough so they let him go for pretty boy who earns far, far more.
Stupidity has just rewards..

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/souhan-far-from-a-cure-cousins-is-what-ails-the-vikings/ar-BB1a9puB?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

Offline wtxbadger

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 03:27:12 PM »
Pretty much done with major league sports after all of the "woke" crap. It'll never be the same no matter how they try to salvage whats left of their leagues as they go broke.
wtxbadger

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 04:19:40 PM »
Pretty much done with major league sports after all of the "woke" crap. It'll never be the same no matter how they try to salvage whats left of their leagues as they go broke.

+1
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 02:46:00 AM »
yup the wife was a big football fan and we both were nascar fans. Now NONE of it is on the tv at our house.
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 03:57:07 AM »
I've never watched a basket ball game at any level in my life time. I've never watched a baseball game thru in my life time tho have watched bits and pieces of some a very lot of years ago.

I haven't watched a professional football game in at least 30 years and likely much longer. I think Joe Namath and Bart Starr were the quarterbacks in the last one I watched.

I've never watched the ball game call golf nor played it myself. Have watched bits and pieces of the ball game called tennis but just never found it interesting enough to stay with more than a few minutes at a time.

Never watched hockey or soccer and other than drag races have never watched folks race around in cars.

I will sometimes watch part or even all of a college football game but mostly only if it's an Alabama team playing someone. I don't watch them just to watch two out of state teams play.

I've just never been dependent on such things to occupy my time.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 06:37:32 AM »
Soccer, hockey, baseball, basketball, and nascar haven't ever really been on my radar. I would watch some college and nfl football until the taking a knee, blm thing hit. I haven't watched any football this year at all and not going to. Ya' know what? I haven't missed it at all. If I just have to get in the recliner I either read a book, watch a movie, or take a nap in that order. At 83 years my stamina isn't quite what it used to be. Mostly I have been enjoying outdoor activities or building projects. I'm a dedicated tinkerer and dream up a lot of things to build. The only limit is how many dollars are involved plus I have a lot of left over material from my working life I haven't used up yet as I was kind of a packrat when it came to throwing away things I might use in the future.

My take on organized sports of any kind now is that I don't need any of them to pass time. I'll qualify that by saying I do watch tractor pulling on the RFD channel and also Robot Fighting Time when it's on. It's about the machines. I love mechanical stuff and what people can come up with plus there is never anything political on either of these programs. I record them and watch at my leisure.

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 03:33:09 AM »
In my youth, I chased girls,played music,watched some games....Football, some baseball, boxing, Dirt track racing and a few others. Never watched Basketball, except live in HS, when the girls played, Watching golf is sort of like watching paint peel. Curling? How did that start? Probably like Ice Hockey. Boredom in a cold country. Watched some Pro football until Capernick. I refuse to watch a game that disrespects our flag and what it represents,by a bunch of gamesters. I enjoy real sports....Hunting, fishing, and other outdoor related activities.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 03:36:53 AM »
I hope ALL professional sports, goes ten toes up.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2021, 08:26:08 AM »
I grew up with baseball and still eagerly await the  baseball season.

Watching the Minnesota Twins this year has been a sad, sad, sad experience.
The day analytics took hold in baseball I am sure made Satan smile.

Time for a new manager as this one looks to be on the way to be the first one to have won 100 plus games and lost 100 games.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2021, 01:25:13 PM »
They can all kiss my sweaty behind

Look for all the college games to be
upside down in the ditch sooner or later
since the door to paid players has
been opened.

Oh well.  .
Let's go Brandon  !

Offline Casull

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2021, 03:07:43 PM »
Haven't watched a football game since Kapernick.  Don't care a bit about basketball, baseball, hockey and definitely not soccer.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2021, 05:38:48 AM »
Watched the Twins last night and for the first time this year (even the announcers said so) it was a fast, by today's standards, enjoyable basic small-ball baseball game.
What I used to see when I was a little boy.