Author Topic: I dont go anywere.  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
  • Trade Count: (0)
I dont go anywere.
« on: September 11, 2020, 10:48:31 AM »
Without a waist cannon anymore. Things are just getting to crazy anymore.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: I dont go anywere.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 01:40:32 PM »
That's been a must do for me
for quite some time now.
I don't even wash off or sit on
the pot without something
within reach.  There's nobody
around here that will call the
police or fire department.  They
might miss the show or lose an
opportunity to make a phone
video to post on yoofloob or
farcebook
Let's go Brandon  !

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 03:00:44 PM »
That's been a must do for me
for quite some time now.
I don't even wash off or sit on
the pot without something
within reach.  There's nobody
around here that will call the
police or fire department.  They
might miss the show or lose an
opportunity to make a phone
video to post on yoofloob or
farcebook

That's a fact! But on the other hand, its usually over by the time the cops get there anyway.

Remember! When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 03:26:48 PM »
I guy I worked with from rural
south africa was telling me about
how you didn't go anywhere without
a firearm in hand or in your holster
or your pocket.  They'd come in
on you and hack you up with machetes
and the maggots would have been
at you before anyone would find
your remnants. Sometimes they'd
hack up one or more of your hired hands.
Or at least it was that way before the
gubmint took his farm away and he left
Let's go Brandon  !

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 04:34:06 AM »

Guess I'll stay away from Roswell.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 05:20:29 AM »
 ;)

Guess I'll stay away from Roswell.

Well, when I'm ever over there I try to stay away from the Lea county bubbas lol.  ;)

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 03:01:57 AM »
Neither of us are in much danger in our respective areas if you don't run with the dopers. Roswell and Hobbs are right there side by side on the list of NM's most dangerous cities, both in the top ten.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 08:24:41 AM »
Neither of us are in much danger in our respective areas if you don't run with the dopers. Roswell and Hobbs are right there side by side on the list of NM's most dangerous cities, both in the top ten.

I can agree with that, just five years ago Cain street in Roswell was a very nice place to live.
Not anymore , the old house we used to live in is now in shambles.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 12:55:50 PM »
There are lots of neat old houses on Lea street. It's a shame that some have been let run down like they have. I remember hearing the name Cain street but can't place where it is now. Just another sign of getting old I guess. My wife had several relatives that lived in Roswell but all gone on now. My wife's dad came there as a kid. His family moved from Nacona, TX to Mayhill in a covered wagon and then relocated to Roswell. As a young man he cowboyed and herded sheep on ranches around Roswell. We have a neat old picture of him in his cowboy rig, big hat, bat wing chaps, boots, and a single action Colt strapped on his hip, all well worn from use.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 01:56:11 PM »

Well the upside is your two favorite towns didn't make the top 10 nationally.

However, Albuquerque is #2 right under Anchorage at #1.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 02:43:25 PM »
There are lots of neat old houses on Lea street. It's a shame that some have been let run down like they have. I remember hearing the name Cain street but can't place where it is now. Just another sign of getting old I guess. My wife had several relatives that lived in Roswell but all gone on now. My wife's dad came there as a kid. His family moved from Nacona, TX to Mayhill in a covered wagon and then relocated to Roswell. As a young man he cowboyed and herded sheep on ranches around Roswell. We have a neat old picture of him in his cowboy rig, big hat, bat wing chaps, boots, and a single action Colt strapped on his hip, all well worn from use.

I worked with a man in Roswell who as a kid hearded sheep into cottonwood cave during bad weather. His name was Ed Weldy, maybe you knew him.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 04:31:14 AM »

Well the upside is your two favorite towns didn't make the top 10 nationally.

However, Albuquerque is #2 right under Anchorage at #1.

I don't know about Argent and Roswell but Hobbs isn't my favorite town. It just happens to be largest town in the county I live in and that is where I have to go locally to buy about anything but some groceries or gasoline and gas is quite a bit cheaper there for me. On the national level it's considered a wide spot in the road. Roswell is a little larger and is the biggest town in southeastern NM but still just another wide spot nationally. My wife and I used to go to an orthopedic surgeon located in Roswell but the rascal retired so we no longer have any reason to go there. It has more stores than Hobbs but Lubbock is only a few miles farther away and makes both towns combined look dinky. Of course you have to deal with much worse traffic but on the right days and times it isn't so bad.

Albuquerque is a bad place and that's why I call it the canker surrounding the intersection of I-25 and I-40. However, little Espanola, north of Santa Fe, is ranked as the most dangerous town in NM. Nothing down here in the southeast corner comes close to being as bad as that part of the state although Artesia is pretty high in the rankings also. My wife's younger brother has a story about going to Albuquerque and checking into a motel a few years ago. His room was around in the back and on the second story. When he got to the second story landing there was a guy robbing some people at gunpoint and he pointed the gun at little brother and told him he would take his money too. Little brother is a BIG boy and had quite a reputation as a brawler in his younger days. What did he do? He pulled out his billfold and handed it to the guy. No one was ever caught for this crime.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 05:16:45 AM »
I was pretty impressed at how nice that Lowes Market was in Eunice. I went there the last time I went through that small town heading over to Andrews TX.  Roswell doesn't even have a market that nice. I don't know about
Hobbs I try to avoid that town.

O&S did that orthopedic surgeon happen to be Dr. Osmani?

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 06:52:00 AM »
Actually Hobbs is nice as long as you stay away from a certain part of it. I would imagine the same applies to Roswell.

No, it was Dr. Boss and I miss him. I need some back work done and apparently no one in Roswell does that anymore. It looks like Lubbock will be the place and a new Dr. I have an appointment for my annual checkup next week and will take it up with my primary physician. Evidently that's a more prestigious title for what used to be called a family doctor. Pat's a local product and a good guy and doesn't seem to care one way or the other about his title.

By the way, Covenant has purchased Lea Regional Medical Center and is going ahead with their plans for the new hospital across the road. Things will probably improve at LRMC.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2020, 08:51:45 AM »
Actually Hobbs is nice as long as you stay away from a certain part of it. I would imagine the same applies to Roswell.

No, it was Dr. Boss and I miss him. I need some back work done and apparently no one in Roswell does that anymore. It looks like Lubbock will be the place and a new Dr. I have an appointment for my annual checkup next week and will take it up with my primary physician. Evidently that's a more prestigious title for what used to be called a family doctor. Pat's a local product and a good guy and doesn't seem to care one way or the other about his title.

By the way, Covenant has purchased Lea Regional Medical Center and is going ahead with their plans for the new hospital across the road. Things will probably improve at LRMC.

Ive never been to Lea Regional before. All Ive heard about it was that it was the evil castle of death.
But Lubbock is 169 miles from Roswell. Hobbs is 115. Ive been to Norlea once before and  I liked it there.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 10:10:55 AM »
Nor-Lea is operated by Covenant and it's nice. I spent a couple of days in their care earlier this year. If you are going to be stuck in a hospital this one is a good one to be in.

Offline Argent 88

• GBO DJ
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2020, 04:22:05 AM »
Nor-Lea is operated by Covenant and it's nice. I spent a couple of days in their care earlier this year. If you are going to be stuck in a hospital this one is a good one to be in.

I had to stay the night there last year after a small operation on my left shoulder. And i agree it is nice.
But the Doctor who performed the operation was still from Lubbock UMC. Dr. Osmani was on vacation at that
time or he would have done it at Eastern.