Author Topic: Ruger 10-22 target model  (Read 1391 times)

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Ruger 10-22 target model
« on: August 31, 2020, 09:59:40 AM »
Anyone use one of these to hunt? Are they really more accurate than the bolt action or regular 10-22s?
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Ruger 10-22 target model
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 11:21:26 PM »
if you bought 5 1022 targets, 5 standard 1022s and 5 7722s id bet the target guns would shoot a combined group smaller then the others. I had one and it was a great shooter. Ive had probably a half dozen standard 1022s and 2 7722s. The most accurate one was a plain jane off the shelf 1022 16 inch gun i bought at the buddys gunshop that i still own. Next would be the target gun (but its gone) the 7722s seem to be a tad more accurate then most standard 1022s but not by enough to show in the field. Maybe if your joy comes from sitting on a bench shooting the tiniest groups and you measure them with a caliper. But for wandering the woods id save some money and just buy a plain jane 1022. Good reason theyve sold so many of them. There probably the best 22 rifle ever made.
blue lives matter

Offline Muskie Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 12:20:02 AM »
And there are so many things you can do with the 10/22 to make it even more accurate and personal. I have two of them that have aftermarket Trigges,bolts and barrels on them. One has a Houge stock while this one posted is my reworked factory wood stock. Both give my CZ's a run for their money.
Vietnam, 66-67, 173 rd. Airborne Brigade, point man, tunnel rat
Vietnam 68, 82 nd. Airborne Div. , sniper.
NRA Member

Offline ironglows

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 12:37:31 AM »
From my own experience and contact with RimfireCentral, it seems the Ruger factory target barrel groups better than  the stock barrel, but not quite with say, a Kidd,  Volquartsen or Fedderson.

If you can find a very early 10/22, it should shoot good also.  My first 10/22 was a first year model,  #66XX, it would outshoot some very expensive rifles.  I have been told that the earliest 10/22s had barrels supplied by an aftermarket maker..

Who knows?   Green mountain isn't too far from Southport, CN !  :D

Only kidding, Green Mountain, in Conway, NH ..wasn't started until 1976
"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline Muskie Hunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 01:07:58 AM »
I put the Feddersen barrels on both of mine. I am very pleased with my barrels as is my older cousin that I built a 10/22 for.
Vietnam, 66-67, 173 rd. Airborne Brigade, point man, tunnel rat
Vietnam 68, 82 nd. Airborne Div. , sniper.
NRA Member

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 02:10:38 AM »
From my own experience and contact with RimfireCentral, it seems the Ruger factory target barrel groups better than  the stock barrel, but not quite with say, a Kidd,  Volquartsen or Fedderson.

If you can find a very early 10/22, it should shoot good also.  My first 10/22 was a first year model,  #66XX, it would outshoot some very expensive rifles.  I have been told that the earliest 10/22s had barrels supplied by an aftermarket maker..

Who knows?   Green mountain isn't too far from Southport, CN !  :D

Only kidding, Green Mountain, in Conway, NH ..wasn't started until 1976

I'm only about 20 minutes or so from Green Mountain. Have some friends that work there. They have an outlet shop in front of the factory where you can buy barrel blanks or complete barrels.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783