Author Topic: Henry Repeating Arms Issues Safety Warning and Recall Notice of Henry Single Sho  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/henry-repeating-arms-issues-safety-warning-and-recall-notice-of-henry-single-shot-rifles-and-shotguns/

BY STAFF WRITER |JUL 31, 2020 |

From Henry:

Henry Repeating Arms Company announced that it is voluntarily recalling all H015-series Single Shot Rifles and Single Shot Shotguns manufactured prior to July 1, 2020. Henry has recently discovered a potential safety issue wherein, under certain conditions, it is possible that some of these models may discharge without the trigger being pulled if the hammer is partially cocked and released.

To prevent the possibility of death or serious personal injury, you should immediately stop using all H015-series Single Shot Rifles and Single Shot Shotguns and not load or fire them until they have been upgraded.

The safety issue leading to this voluntary recall was discovered internally while testing the existing fire control system for a trigger pull upgrade. This is the first product safety recall in the company’s nearly 25-year history.

Although not every Henry H015-series firearm may be affected, Henry Repeating Arms is requesting that all Single Shot Rifles and Single Shot Shotguns be returned to be upgraded free of charge pursuant to this recall to prevent the possibility of the firearm discharging without the trigger being pulled. All H015 owners should visit the Henry H015 Recall website at HenryUSA.com/recall, email recall@henryusa.com, or call 1-866-200-2354 (M-F, 9AM ET-5PM ET) to obtain additional information and begin the upgrade process.

Henry Repeating Arms will upgrade all returned Single Shot Rifles and Single Shot Shotguns in the order in which they are received. Henry Repeating Arms is ready to begin performing the upgrade as the firearms are received.

Information on the current turnaround time for firearms returned to be upgraded will be provided at HenryUSA.com/recall. Henry Repeating Arms will make every effort to minimize the amount of time required to upgrade and return your firearm. As a sign of appreciation to its customers, Henry Repeating Arms will also perform an unrelated performance upgrade to improve the trigger pull on all firearms returned pursuant to this recall free of charge.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
a bit of an older topic but I had to comment.  Last winter - Jan 2021 I sent in my Henry Single shot, a 243.  I had tried changing springs etc. The original trigger was terrible and best I could do was 2.5 to 4 inch groups at 100. Frustrating as I won the gun at and NRA banquet and it has some of the prettiest wood in my rack.

Well finally this summer of 21 I got a short session with the new trigger. By the way I think I had about a 3 week turn around and I live in remote Alaska.
I shot 3 groups of 5 shots each where 3 shots were under an inch and 4, 5 opened up to about 1.5 inches.  Still a vast improvement and not the herky jerky trigger feel of the original.
I am very happy now.
Oh a big hang up for me was getting the rifle shipped to and from my Alaska town. We only have UPS and FedEx delivery (kinda erratic at that). We can't ship out with them.
So finally Henry figured out we can still mail rifles to and from the factory for repairs.

I encourage folks to get the fix.  Sure was worth it for me.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline 45/70fan

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Contributor
I had installed the Grainger spring, which was an improvement. When the recall started I put the factory spring back in and sent it in. MUCH improved, dropped from approx 8 lbs to approx 4 lbs.