Author Topic: 2020/2021 Doe tags  (Read 763 times)

Offline The Old Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
2020/2021 Doe tags
« on: July 10, 2020, 12:28:56 AM »
Just a reminder that 7/13/20 is the first day residents can mail in their doe tag applications.
Youthful enthusiasm is replaced by old age and treachery!

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: 2020/2021 Doe tags
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 01:14:25 AM »
I'm amazed at how every state manages to
make what should be an extremely simple
process into a complicated ordeal.
I never understood why some states make
you buy a wallet full of different tags and
stamps for trying to hunt and fish.
Hopefully, they haven't screwed things up
here this year when I go to buy the licenses
I'll be needing. Maybe I won't need a separate
wallet just for licenses and permits, or have
to take out a mortgage to afford it.

Good Luck in Penn.
Let's go Brandon  !

Offline The Old Man

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 12:11:51 AM »
I bought a Senior Lifetime license a few years back, so all I need to do is fill out the doe tag applications and mail them on time.  The hunting license needs to be renewed every year, but the lifetime fishing is good as long as you're alive.

Expensive and complicated was the name of the game when I lived in NJ, about $300 or better every year for hunting and fishing, but Pa is a little bette I think.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 07:50:23 AM »
here you have to purchase a sportsman card before you can buy any licience. That allows you to hunt small game but you have to buy it even if you don't hunt small game. Then you need deer tags doe tags, bear tags (lottery) elk tags (lottery) trapping license. waterfoul tag to hunt ducks geese and woodcock, fishing license that doesn't cover trout. If you want to fish trout you have to buy a fishing license and a trout stamp. Probably a couple more im forgetting. It gets pretty ridiculous.
blue lives matter

Offline The Old Man

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 12:57:02 AM »
here you have to purchase a sportsman card before you can buy any licience. That allows you to hunt small game but you have to buy it even if you don't hunt small game. Then you need deer tags doe tags, bear tags (lottery) elk tags (lottery) trapping license. waterfoul tag to hunt ducks geese and woodcock, fishing license that doesn't cover trout. If you want to fish trout you have to buy a fishing license and a trout stamp. Probably a couple more im forgetting. It gets pretty ridiculous.

Pa has a General license, with add ons for everything pretty much like you have. Once you reach 65 and bet the Senior Lifetime Combo the add ons are also permanent, but the doe tags and a bear tag are still an option you buy when you renew (no charge for renewing) the license the end of each June. The pheasant stamp needs to be purchased only if you got the initial SL after a certain year. Basically you walk in and renew, then decide at that time if you want a bear tag. Actually not as complicated as it sounds.

In the areas of Pa where pistol hunting is allowed, a LTCF (License to carry firearms) or a Sportsmans permit is required to use the handgun. It's simply a CCW or an out of state equivalent without the right to carry concealed, or loaded in a vehicle with the Sportsmans license.

The Senior Lifetime fishing license never needs to be renewed, except for the Trout Stamp if you want to fish trout. There is also a Lake Erie add on if you fish there, but I'm not exactly sure what's entailed there.

Offline ironglows

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 02:06:41 AM »
  Of course, the multitude of tags is a money making thing, but so long as the funds are used for game & conservation, I suppose it is not all bad.

Like Penna, here in NY we have a senior lifetime small game/big game /fishing license. I paid a one time fee when I reached 65.

Foe "antlerless" permits, I just go to the town clerk and she checks by computer right then and there.. I usually get 1 or two permits..then and there..no charge.

Shhhh! Don't let comrade Cuomo hear that anybody is getting a decent deal !

"They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns, then it will be through the bullet"      (Saul Alinsky) ...hero of the left..

Offline The Old Man

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 12:13:46 AM »
Just an FYI:
The doe tags have begun arriving in the mail! I had been wondering if everything going on so far this year was going to have a negative effect, but all is well!