Author Topic: my cheating pulled pork today  (Read 516 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
my cheating pulled pork today
« on: July 14, 2020, 12:09:22 AM »
I know some would never make it without the smoker but my smoker is BIG and hardly worth firing up for a few lbs of pulled pork. So what I do is use my power pressure cooker. I buy whole pork buts for sausage making and allways keep a few of the bone side pieces for this purpose. Toss one or two in the pressure cooker and cook them for an hour. Dump it out, get rid of the bone and rendered fat. Then I add a small amount of liquid smoke, some barbeque sauce, cider vinegar, garlic power, onion powder and dry red pepper flakes and cook it another hour in the pressure cooker. It isn't award winning pulled pork but ive actually got compliments on it and its a very easy meal to make especially if you have a power pressure cooker. two roasts just went in the pressure cooker for the first hour. Ill probably about get shot for this one too but ill send my wife to the deli to get some cole slaw for on top. To much work to make the little bit the two of us use.
blue lives matter

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
Re: my cheating pulled pork today
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 01:23:20 PM »
What I do is smoke the pork in a Little Chief smoker for a few hours then toss them in a Dutch oven and finish cooking until the pork falls apart.  Probably as easy but more smoky...

Tony

Offline Mule 11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 12:51:57 PM »
I slow cook pork shoulders then add seasonings I want at that time. For me and the family it’s different. For the family it’s a good barbecue sauce. For me I use apple cider vinegar, mayo, crushed or ground red pepper and sometimes will even throw in a cut up garden tomato.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 07:10:37 AM »
My wife does Dr. Pepper pulled pork in a slow cooker. I don't know exactly what goes into it except pork, a can of Dr. Pepper, and some liquid smoke but it is dee-licious, as good as any pulled pork I ever eaten. If any of the kids, grandkids and great grandkids come around it disappears in a hurry.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 08:51:05 AM »
Ma used to use liquid smoke with pork.
None of my grandparents did any smoking that I know of in my life time though one did have  a smoke house.

I like my pork with sauerkraut so I just simmer pork in bed of sauerkraut, although I will often pre-boil the pork so I can cool it and scrape the pork fat off of the broth.