Author Topic: vortex does me right.  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
vortex does me right.
« on: June 09, 2020, 11:14:01 PM »
duracoat camo'd a ar10 and when I did I did a 1x6 vortex scope too. Didn't think 200 degrees would hurt it to bake the paint. Well I must have as when shooting it it would loose focus and you constant had to adjust the focus. I sent it back telling them exactly what I did and they said theyd me a brand new replacement.
blue lives matter

Offline Muskie Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: vortex does me right.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 09:23:36 AM »
 I bought a pair of 8x42mm  Vortex Viper HD binoculars a long time ago. A little over a weeks ago I emailed them and told them that I had dropped them and bent the ocular cup around the lens. They said how I should wrap them and sent me a mailing slip via email that I printed out. I sent it in and added a note that I lost all the eye piece covers while hunting also. I got the binocs back in a week and they sent me covers to boot. They had a list that they sent what they had done and they also checked the alignment and the gas filling and cleaned them up like brand new. No charge and postage paid. I have a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x scope on my 22-250 that I like very much also. I used to buy all Nikon after Leupold got to expensive for me but now I think I am going to go with this kid on the block. You sure can't beat their no questions asked  policy for life time warranty service..
Vietnam, 66-67, 173 rd. Airborne Brigade, point man, tunnel rat
Vietnam 68, 82 nd. Airborne Div. , sniper.
NRA Member

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 10:45:49 AM »
Some of the stuff China makes is good stuff.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Woodbridge 30-30

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 01:49:50 PM »
Good to hear. I just bought a diamondback to upgrade the Tasco on one of my deer rifles. Went back and forth alot between Vortex and Burris.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 08:31:07 AM »
Some of the stuff China makes is good stuff.

Most of the Vortex scopes are made in Philippines or Japan.  Almost all "US" companies at a minimum get their parts/glass from somewhere in Asia.  Vortex is engineered and supported from the good folks in Barneveld, Wisconsin.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne