Author Topic: What model do i have?  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Blanchard65

• Trade Count: (0)
What model do i have?
« on: May 07, 2020, 06:58:48 PM »

Hi, purchased this single shot 30-30 last year. It did not come with a 20 gauge barrel and do not know if it was a combo to begin with. I been going over a lot of pictures, info, and threads and still don't definitely know what model and what year it was made. Where the model normally goes there is a "Edward K Tryon" logo. From my understanding it was a sporting company out of Philly. I am thinking it is a H&R model 158?? 

The barrel has the number 5932 and from reading on this site it is the last four of the serial number.
Where would I find the rest of the serial number?

I have only fired it a dozen times then a shell got stuck and would not eject. I have ordered the ejector spring and will polish the chamber for smoother ejections, hopefully. Ordering the spring was tough cause I am not sure of the model number but looked at the schematics and appears to be the right one. We'll see.

I really want to keep this rifle and will do so as long as the ejection issue gets resolved. I really like the finish on the receiver whereas the barrel is just average with some nicks on it. Otherwise it fires ok.

One final concern, after reading on this site, is I want to make sure this rifle barrel belongs on this receiver and safe to fire. Thanks.   

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: What model do i have?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 05:14:58 AM »
H&R Inc made firearms for Tryon, but that's about all I know about them.

Tim

https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/111-h-r-shotguns/414260-what.html#post2056043676
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain