Author Topic: Sticky Pine Sap for Medicinal Uses  (Read 1291 times)

Offline ccawthon

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Drops of Cabin Life
Sticky Pine Sap for Medicinal Uses
« on: January 27, 2020, 02:41:32 PM »

Hello everyone. My name is Chris and I'm the moderator of the Natural Wellness with Essential and CBD Oils forum here on GBReloaded. Sharing with you about the a resource from the amazing Pine tree. This isn't an essential oil post although I do use Pine Essential Oil (which is wonderful for breathing issues and more).

Did you know that Sticky Pine Sap could have helpful medicinal properties?

Self Aid

Pine sap properties include: antiseptic, astringent, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial

Treat wounds – apply it to cuts like you would super glue. Follow first-aid protocol for cleaning/flushing first.

Stop bleeding – apply a soft glob (heat if necessary) to help stop bleeding.

Treat skin rashes and eczema with ointments,tinctures, and salves. For tinctures, use 190 proof Everclear since resin won’t dissolve with watered down alcohols.

Chew softer sap straight off the tree like a gum for sore throats and colds. You could pre-make “gum” with these ingredients: bees-wax, pine sap, and honey.

Pine sap can also be modeled into helpful camping and prepper tools including glue, torches, candles, and, of course, fire starter.
You are the gatekeeper of your home.
Natural wellness ➳ the simple lifestyle.
Oiled up. Prayed up. Prepared.

Offline goodshot

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Sticky Pine Sap for Medicinal Uses
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 02:47:22 PM »
Thank you Chris!

Offline O-mega

• Quite Professional
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Sticky Pine Sap for Medicinal Uses
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 03:04:16 PM »
It's been years since I went to SERE school but I don't recall them covering this.  I think a good refresher is in order, there are many wild plants out here in the US and abroad that can be used for medicinal purposes and as a source of food, but with the rest of the information we covered, a bunch of that just did not stick. 
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~