Author Topic: Emotions and our physical health  (Read 1332 times)

Offline ccawthon

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Drops of Cabin Life
Emotions and our physical health
« on: January 09, 2020, 02:16:39 PM »

Now that the holiday season is behind us, it’s safe to talk about our emotions and how they impact our physical health. Let’s face it, holidays and special days such as birthdays or the anniversary of a loved one’s death can be emotionally draining.  Because our emotional well being is closely knit to our physical well being, is it any surprise that there are so many people who just can’t seem to kick the latest virus that’s going around this winter? This is because our emotions can affect our immune response.

Many studies have shown that chronic exposure to stress, anxiety, and negative moods can affect physical health to a large extent. Research has found that negative emotions such as sadness or anger, lead to inflammation and while the inflammatory response plays a critical role in immunity, chronic emotional problems can weaken our immune system, making us more susceptible to a virus and creating a much longer recovery time.

You should also know that high levels of inflammation are associated with poor health in general and a range of chronic conditions, such as arthritis. Also, feelings of distress can raise the risk of cardiovascular events, such as stroke.  We often think of the heart and brain as being completely separate from each other but these organs are intimately connected, and when your emotions adversely affect your brain, your heart is affected as well.

When inflammation goes into overdrive, it's associated with a wide range of ills, including autoimmune disorders, inflammatory bowel disease, depression, and cancer.
There are two kinds of stress that impact your brain. Helpful stress can assist you with getting things done by helping you focus your attention. Unhelpful stress, the one we call distress, on the other hand, can be so severe that it can lead to fatigue and heart disease.  As Medical News Today reported, researchers have found that chronic stress also has a negative impact on memory.

Emotional stress may even increase the risk for breast cancer as it raises stress hormones that lower immune function, stimulates cancer stem cell activity, damages DNA and hinders repair, and it results in a reduction in natural killer cells.

Now let’s talk about ways to reduce our emotional stress using natural methods. Spending time in nature is one big tool to help keep that in check. Studies have shown that walking in the woods can improve blood pressure, boost mental health, and decrease cancer risk. Check out these findings from studies on the benefits of being in nature:

•   Lower levels of inflammation
•   Reduced mental fatigue
•   Fight depression and anxiety, especially when near water
•   Reduce the risk of developing nearsightedness in children
•   Lower blood pressure
•   Improve mental focus in adults and children
•   Boost the immune system

It can be helpful to combine nature therapy with the use of natural plant-based essential oils as they can have a dramatic effect on limbic function, your emotional state, and how you feel. The limbic system is often called the emotional switchboard of the brain and the volatile molecules in essential oils make their way into your bloodstream and to the limbic system. A few essential oils that are in my daily routine include Frankincense and a blends of oils including Joy, Abundance, Hope, Valor and when necessary, Release. If you would like to have a copy of the emotional wheel developed by psychologist Robert Plutchik and the essential oils that correlate to those eight basic emotions, please contact me through my website:  www.dropsofcabinlife.com. If you are interested in a terrific book on the topic of essential oils and emotions, I suggest Dr. Carolyn Mein’s book, “Releasing Emotional Patterns with Essential Oils.” I am scheduling coffee chats for the next several weeks so reach out for a meeting – I’ll bring this book and oils so you can experience them yourself.

I know I'm probably preaching to the choir but I want to encourage you to continue getting outdoors every day to boost your mood and your immune system. Ready to give essential oils a go? I would love to help you!

You are the gatekeeper of your home.
Natural wellness ➳ the simple lifestyle.
Oiled up. Prayed up. Prepared.

Offline goodshot

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Emotions and our physical health
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 07:13:59 AM »
 Dr. Caroline Leaf teaches on this and more, how each thought we have creates protein like structures in the brain in response, negative as well as positive, the brain was created to respond to love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self control, which produce the positive results, anything else produces the negative neuro-peptides that can unlock the recessive genes.
 thank you for posting

Offline ccawthon

• Drops of Cabin Life
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 06:29:45 PM »
Thank you for sharing from Dr. Leaf's teachings!  Everyone should check her out!  She's even on Instagram.

Offline goodshot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 11:49:49 AM »
   I have found a number of books on neural plasticity, seems many are becoming aware, one of my ptsd people mentioned it hits the nail on the head of what his drs. are telling him about his condition and how it is being treated.
You are doing a good thing here, thank you kindly.

Offline ccawthon

• Drops of Cabin Life
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 02:36:12 PM »
I appreciate all the knowledge you share on the topic of natural wellness!  Thank you!

Offline goodshot

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 05:37:03 AM »
 and you as well, we are to care for one another, in Jesus name.
blessings