Author Topic: BREAKING: GLOCK Announces the New G44 .22 LR Compact Pistol  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
BREAKING: GLOCK Announces the New G44 .22 LR Compact Pistol
« on: December 10, 2019, 03:59:56 PM »
https://www.gunnewsusa.com/2019/12/10/breaking-glock-announces-the-new-g44-22-lr-compact-pistol/

DECEMBER 10, 2019

Ending much speculation about what their “legendary news” would reveal, GLOCK announced the new .22LR GLOCK G44, as expected today. The G44 is a 10-round capacity blowback rimfire semi-automatic in a GLOCK 19 frame size.

The new G44 features a “hybrid steel” slide made of five pieces combining steel and polymer, making the slide light enough to reliably cycle rimfire ammunition.

The new pistol‘s product page is now live at GLOCK.us.

GLOCK G44 .22LR specifications

Courtesy GLOCK
Source: The Truth About Guns

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline JeffG

• Trade Count: (5)
Re: BREAKING: GLOCK Announces the New G44 .22 LR Compact Pistol
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 06:57:28 AM »
Cool, unfortunately we waited so long for this, anyone who wanted one already has at least one other .22 handgun.
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 02:45:14 AM »
now if they do it with a 3lb trigger and its accurate I MIGHT be interested. But if its a typical glock 8lb trigger it really doesn't interest me. I use 22s for more precision work and the centerfires for self defense. I don't need a gun that shoots cheap 22s for practice because my 9mm glocks shooting cast bullets don't hardly cost anymore to shoot then 22s and there much better for practice because your recovering from recoil just as you would with a self defense load. . Guess for my use its a answer to a question not asked. For some who shoot factory ammo or have to buy jacket bullets I can see usefulness. I wish they would have put effort into a 43 sized 40 or 45 instead. Now that I would run to the gunshop for. I have to kind of agree with Jeff too. Why spend 600 bucks on a glock when you can by a ruger mark for 400 that has a much better trigger is accurate and is proven dead reliable. This will be a narrow market for them. Only people I see it will attract are people looking for practice gun that is similar to there ccw gun.
blue lives matter

Online JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 03:16:57 PM »
Failures are starting to pop up here and there - cracked slides (I didn't know they were plastic...) as well as other types of failures, some resulting in "kabooms".

I've said it before, I'll say it again - you should always wait before getting a version 1.0 of a new firearm design...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.