Author Topic: Where's the Scout lovers?  (Read 1174 times)

Offline revbc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (94)
    • NewLife Worship Center
Where's the Scout lovers?
« on: February 09, 2014, 03:12:39 AM »
Here ya go ;D

3 shot at 100 yds.

Pastor, NewLife Worship Center
(Retired) Automotive Technology Instructor, West Feliciana High School
Avid Shooter, Hunter, Fisherman and owner of Handi Rifles

Offline Flashole

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Where's the Scout lovers?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 11:35:32 PM »
Where are all the Scouts.  I haven't looked in a while.  I'm have several Stalker / Hunter and all perform very well and I would like to add a new Scout to the collection.    That's a great looking rifle and the thing shoots as good as it looks.
=FLASH=

Offline revbc

• GBO Supporter
    • NewLife Worship Center
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 02:55:54 PM »
http://www.richiespng.com/product.php?item=147287

This guy had about the best prices.  They are a little hard to find.

He has my 7mm-08 in camo for $364, $316 for the 35 rem in black.

Nice rifle for the price of an encore barrel.  They really shoot good.

Stainless at that ;) ;) ;)

Offline jedman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
  • Retired and livin the dream !
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 12:39:33 AM »
  I only own one now, a 243 that shoots great.
 Thinking about a 12 ga. Slug Gun Buds has them now in SS for $ 193 including shipping.
 Can't hardly miss at that price. I really do like almost everything about the Scout, they are a great Buy !

Jedman
Current handi family, 24 ga./ 58 cal ,50-70,  45 smokeless MZ, 44 belted bodeen, 44 mag,.375 H&R (wildcat),375 Win.,357 max, .340 MF ( wildcat ), 8 mm Lebel, 8x57, .303 British, 270 x 57 R,(wildcat) 256 Win Mag, 2 x 243 Win,2 x 223 Rem. &20ga.,
H&R 45-70 trapdoors, officers model & Calvary Carbine, more recently 256 Winchester magnum,44 magnum Shikari, 7-30 Waters in the making.

Offline Flashole

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 11:05:22 AM »
Thanks for the link Rev.  I have dealt with Richies Pawn and Gun on Gunbroker a few times.  They gave me great service and my first Stalker came from them.   I'm a little surprised that the CVA center fire line up has not been more popular.   The only place I have seen any on the rack have been at the Academy's in and around the Houston area.   Last time I was at the gun counter I spoke with a manager about Scouts.  He spent a few minutes  looking in their network and said it did not look like there would be any in the near future
Jed,  I have a 243 also and it is the only CVA in my rack that does not shoot very well.  A lot of different hand loads and so far its best groups are between 2 and 2 1/2 inches..  When the time is right I hope to reel in a 44M or 35R.

=FLASH=
=FLASH=

Offline revbc

• GBO Supporter
    • NewLife Worship Center
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 01:47:37 PM »
Flash,

I think Academy likes to stick to the Hunter and Stalker lines, don't think the stalker is in the new CVA catalog.  I did see one in BR at Academy before Christmas, well let me say it was supposed to be there, never really laid my eyes on it. 

I'm sold on'em, at least the v2's.  I wish they did a 357mag.

Do you reload for the 243?

Offline froddey

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 01:24:53 PM »
Well, here's another one.  I bought a V2 Compact model in 35 Remington a couple of months ago. I had a rim cut on it to make it a 35 Rem Rimmed. I made some brass using new 30-40 Krag cases, and a few vintage but unfired 303 British cases I came across.  I mounted a Nikon 2-7 scope on it for short range hog hunting.  It took me a while to get it all together and load up some ammo, but I finally got it to the range to see what it would do yesterday. I had shot it last month just to fire-form some brass, but this was the first time out with full-house loads.

I am not a target shooter by any means, so this group at 50 yards was impressive to me - 3 shots just over 1/4" center to center! I was working up loads using the Speer 180 Gr FNSP.  This group was using 39 Grains of H4895, but I had similar groups with 38 and 40 grains of powder.  It liked everything I shot, including the fire-forming loads I used with a light load of Unique and 125 grain plated pistol bullets.

This is a great little rifle. It’s light-weight, well balanced and has a really nice trigger right out of the box; and after this range trip, it is a sweet shooter. Definitely a keeper!. 

(Normal disclaimers apply:  I worked up to these loads and they proved to be safe in my gun.  But, all guns are different, so please work up your loads carefully).
USA Retired

Offline Flashole

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 08:56:43 AM »
Rev,
I do handload for 243 but since supplies are hard to get I stopped on the 243 and hope the supply chain opens up again.  So far my CVA collection includes 22-250, 243, 7-08, 270, 35 whelen, 444, and two 45-70s.  I was thinking about streching out one of the 45-70s to some thing longer. 
froddey,
Thats some great work and great shooting

=FLASH=
=FLASH=

Offline revbc

• GBO Supporter
    • NewLife Worship Center
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 10:19:22 AM »
Flash,

I can understand about supplies.  My reloading/shooting has slowed a little just to see how some of this pans out.

Froddey,

Great shooting............stretch her out to 100, she'll do fine.

My CVA collection only includes the new v2's, one in 35 Rem and the other in 7mm-08.  Loven'em more and more.