Author Topic: PURPOSE  (Read 5124 times)

Offline ccawthon

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Drops of Cabin Life
PURPOSE
« on: November 09, 2019, 05:01:20 AM »
We all value good health. Health is especially important to those of us who desire to create and maintain a self-sustaining lifestyle. To those of us who appreciate having more control over our home, finances, and personal choices, taking charge of our wellness is very important. The purpose of this forum is to educate on the topic of maintaining good health, natural ways to recover from illness and injury, and steps we can all take toward accomplishing this for the long term.

We will cover many topics including:

·
Nutrition and avoiding illness
· How to stock your medicine cabinet and BOB
· Avoiding toxic chemicals in the home and on the trail
· Caring naturally for our children and our animals
· Safe food prep and storage at home and in the wild

Moderators Chris and Melissa have decades of experience in natural health as moms and educators; we have experience in animal husbandry, the off-grid lifestyle, and self-protection / self-preservation. We both believe that God designed us all in His image to live in wellness, with purpose and abundance. You are invited to follow along as we share valuable tips, resources, and answer your questions for staying healthy naturally.
You are the gatekeeper of your home.
Natural wellness ➳ the simple lifestyle.
Oiled up. Prayed up. Prepared.

Offline Becky

• Administrator
Re: PURPOSE
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 10:29:32 AM »
I'm so glad to have you and Melissa here! I look forward to continue to learn from you in an environment that isn't restricting like Facebook.

P.S. My kit was shipped today!  :D

Offline ccawthon

• Drops of Cabin Life
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 02:48:02 PM »
We are both pumped about passing along tips and solutions to help others. Yep to the FB comment :-X

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 03:23:46 PM »
Uh, I guess y'all will fuss about my genetically modified cornflakes, or my hormone and antibiotic laced bacon, sausage and fried chicken.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline ccawthon

• Drops of Cabin Life
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 08:31:04 AM »
Hello there, BUGEYE. No fussing going on in here. It's a free zone. Free to do what you believe is best for you but I hope you stick around for future topics.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 10:47:35 AM »

Good category, looking forward to learning much ! Oops!  the above is an OLD post..sorry..

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 11:01:18 AM »

Good category, looking forward to learning much ! Oops!  the above is an OLD post..sorry..

Nope this is a brand new forum and I am looking forward to joining in the discussions as well!

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 04:58:59 AM »

My grandson just shot a deer and offered to save the liver if I wanted it.  However, since a veterinary friend told me that the liver is the "septic system' of the body, I have steered away from consuming liver.

Do you agree with my veterinarian friend?

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ccawthon

• Drops of Cabin Life
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 05:36:59 PM »
Sorry for the delayed reply, ironglow.
I believe the vet has stated accurately about the function of the liver but as I understand it, toxins are stored in the fat and nervous system but not actually stored in the liver. There is a risk of hypervitaminosis (consuming excessive amounts of a vitamin) so liver may not be healthy to consume daily. It is a very nutrient dense food, with high levels of B vitamins, copper, selenium, phosphorous, and iron. Vitamin A intake from liver can be more than you need but if only consumed maybe twice per week, especially livers of herbivores which do not contain such high levels, you are probably safe. Use your own discretion and feel free to do more research.