Author Topic: I thought I should post here....  (Read 979 times)

Offline northwoodneil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
I thought I should post here....
« on: November 07, 2019, 01:24:07 PM »
...To welcome back any cheeseheads to the new/old GBO. I plan on finally getting my old arse up in the bow stand tomorrow. Life happens and this is only my second chance to bow hunt this fall. Temps are going to be frigid but seeing a frosty nose of a buck would be great.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

― John Wayne "The Shootist"

Offline JeffG

• Trade Count: (5)
Re: I thought I should post here....
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 07:20:54 PM »
Thanks! Glad to be here! Part of the 2014 crew, I like this format better.
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 09:12:13 PM »
...To welcome back any cheeseheads to the new/old GBO. I plan on finally getting my old arse up in the bow stand tomorrow. Life happens and this is only my second chance to bow hunt this fall. Temps are going to be frigid but seeing a frosty nose of a buck would be great.

That was posted on the 7th, no updates, did you make it to the woods? Did you see that buck? inquiring minds want to know... ;D
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline northwoodneil

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 01:45:53 AM »
I did make it to the big woods and enjoyed every minute of it, even though all I saw were doe. I head back north on Wednesday for a couple more days of bow hunting before the whole deer camp gang arrives. I've had good luck in the past getting a bow buck on Thursday or Friday before gun season. It really takes the pressure off opening morning having one already hanging. :)  A real treat for me this year is having my 10 year old granddaughter at deer camp for the first time. I don't know if she'll be hunting or just sitting in the stands with dad and grampa. She seems to enjoy hunting and knows there is no phone or internet service at the cabin but plans on toughing it out with us at least till Tuesday.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Offline northwoodneil

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 09:57:38 AM »
My granddaughter stayed at camp a until we all scurried home to avoid the second snow storm in a week. She's the camps good luck charm, if she was sitting with you you saw deer. She was with me when I shot my buck and with her dad when he killed a nice doe. The other guys in camp were trying to bribe her to sit with them but dad and gramp's have heated stands and snacks. ;)  We taught her to play euchre and checkers. I must be old, how can a kid get to be 10 and never play checkers? I told her it was one of those new cordless games.