Author Topic: Ruger Mk II  (Read 3039 times)

Offline littlecanoe

• Trade Count: (14)
Ruger Mk II
« on: November 06, 2019, 02:15:38 PM »
I have two mk II pistols that I have had fun wringing out lately. I’ve been hitting the range a good bit and estimate that I’ve put between 3 and 4K rounds through them over the last six months. Before that I shot them occasionally but hated loading the magazines. I bought an Ultimate Clip Loader. Well. That’s gonna cost some money because my shooting pace has really increased with that little gem.

Anyone else still shooting the MK II or the updated models?

Offline JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
Re: Ruger Mk II
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 02:40:01 PM »
I have & shoot a MKII quite a bit.  Stainless model with 5" BBL, shoots great, hate to take it apart for cleaning though. ;)  I also had a MKIII Hunter for a while but ended up letting it go...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 03:33:00 PM »
I've owned several over the years and wish I'd held onto the 10" one. It was either an MKI or MKII I'd guess. Currently I have a 5.5" 22/45 and like it a lot. Dunno for sure but imagine it is an MKIII.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Tom W.

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Warning... Does not play well with others!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 03:55:21 PM »
I have a 22/45 that the paperwork says is a MK II, I believe. I've had it for a number of years, trading a S&W 22A with outlandish target grips for it at a gun show in Dothan Alabama. I like it extremely well.
Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns!

Offline littlecanoe

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 12:49:34 AM »
If you don’t have an Ultimate Clip Loader I highly recommend one. It’s allowed me to keep five magazines loaded so that the kids can keep on shooting. I had two one hour sessions at the range and went through about 700 rounds in just over an hour!  This has really allowed me to work on form and muscle memory because I can shoot so much that my arms get tired and I’m forced to push through for accuracy.

If the bulk pack ammo what do you guys find working best for your pistol?

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 06:29:41 AM »
only two  I have left are a 4 inch and a 5.5 inch 22/45. To be honest they collect dust. I quit shooting 22s back when the last big shortage happened and got into shooting small centerfires like the 38s and 9s and can do it almost as cheap anyway casting and reloading.
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 06:56:22 AM »
If you don’t have an Ultimate Clip Loader I highly recommend one. It’s allowed me to keep five magazines loaded so that the kids can keep on shooting. I had two one hour sessions at the range and went through about 700 rounds in just over an hour!  This has really allowed me to work on form and muscle memory because I can shoot so much that my arms get tired and I’m forced to push through for accuracy.

If the bulk pack ammo what do you guys find working best for your pistol?

Haven't found any that doesn't work well.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 08:43:24 AM »
I just buy the bulk packs of either federal or Winchester or Remington. They all work great, but the federal is my favorite.
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE