Author Topic: Leather form  (Read 1863 times)

Offline elkslayer4x5

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Avid Poster
    • EastOutfitters
Leather form
« on: February 26, 2014, 03:06:07 AM »
(cough! cough! )  "HELLO"....hello...hello...  Echos in here. Any body here?
 Had to blow some dust off this forum so's I could post and see what I wrote!  :)  I'm making a quiver and need a cap. Am having trouble drawing a perfect oval the correct size for my project, finally figured out late last night that I was forgetting to add the thickness of the leather into my dimentions. Or at least I think ( right now ) thats whats happening. Measured the end of the quiver, made an oval that size, the quiver fit into the cut out oval nicely, but the formed cap was too small to fit. I'm using 7 oz leather.
 Also, any body got a good tip on marking lacing holes for this?
I'll keep checking back in here to see if anyone's has read this and has an answer. Thanks!
"skin that 'en out and I'll get ye nother"

Offline elkslayer4x5

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Avid Poster
    • EastOutfitters
Re: Leather form
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 11:57:31 PM »
Well, 17 veiws but no replys. Guess every one was having trouble seeing through the cloud of dust, or just shocked that someone actually posted in this forum. Made another form, this time adding the thickness of the leather and I was correct, was my problem all along. Cap piece out of the new form fits perfectly. Need to break down and buy a Crafttool Overstich wheel system, made lot of errors in stiching holes. Other than that, its compleated, every thing fits like it should, and works as it should. This is a bow mounted quiver, one of my problems was that the broadhead hood was too flimsy, would tend to lean into the bow when an arrow was pushed snugly up into the foam, got that fixed now. Time to take it all apart again and tool it. Looks pretty good for a prototype. :)   When I get it all worked out, I'll be adding it to our website, click on the globe under my avatar to visit.
"skin that 'en out and I'll get ye nother"