Author Topic: CT AR registration numbers.  (Read 14342 times)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
CT AR registration numbers.
« on: February 21, 2014, 03:20:21 AM »
Saw this recently: http://reason.com/blog/2013/12/03/connecticut-shouldnt-be-surprised-that-f
It shouldn't come as a surprise to the liberal politicians.  It just follows along with the non-compliance to the also recently enacted NJ law (also mentioned in above article).

Anyone have any information on real factual numbers of people who registered their Modern Sporting Rifles (MSR aka AR clones), since the new law went into effect?  If not how about a WAG (Wild A.. Guess) on the percentages or numbers out of (another WAG) total MSR's currently owned by CT residents.

I hope it's another Cali type of number.  "Now we learn that out of California’s population of 35 million people, only 27,000 "assault weapons" have been registered, even though it is estimated that there are 500,000 to 1 million legally owned assault weapons in California. What caused this massive amount of non-compliance?"   link:[/font] http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=1952

Hope this is turning into the largest mass non-compliance to a law since prohibition.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline RPRNY

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
Re: CT AR registration numbers.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 04:18:03 AM »
News reports have quoted about 47,000 completed registration applications and about 2,100 incomplete applications. In other words, very few so called "assault weapons" have been registered. There are several informative threads on the subject already going.
[spoof]The Handi-Rifle is a highly matrixed, vintage tactical shooting platform allowing operators high interchangeability, extended caliber diversity, and a wide choice of range related optical solutions suited to the demands of their tactical operating environments.  ;) [/spoof]

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 09:55:05 AM »
That's good news, I hope it continues.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 10:56:37 PM »
RPRNY:  the latest figures I have read from nys are that only 2,800 have registered their assault weapons, and this includes the already registered 'assault' pistols, out of a estimated 1.4 million assault rifle owners.  Californika may be at the .ooo7 registration rate, and nys at the .002 rate which indeed shows a 'massive civil non-compliance' with these gun laws.

Do these idiot politicians really think we are as stupid as they think and are just going to 'hand them over' as feinstein sez, or are they gonna get real nervous thinking about what comes next.  new yawks kwomo sez - confiscation but he doesn't have the state police power or numbers to do that, and 54 of the 57 upstate counties have pledged not to enforce his law.  Now, what next????

Offline RPRNY

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 03:37:53 AM »
Mikey, I was not aware that NYS numbers were so low! That's fantastic. What a kick in the gut to Cuomo and his lapdog legislature. The County votes and number of Sheriff's Depts upstate that have signaled non-compliance is politically important but sadly not enough to move the needle on repeal because of the downstate weight in the Assembly. I hope every Republican Senator up for reelection in 2014 that voted for the Bill gets sent home in the primaries.
[spoof]The Handi-Rifle is a highly matrixed, vintage tactical shooting platform allowing operators high interchangeability, extended caliber diversity, and a wide choice of range related optical solutions suited to the demands of their tactical operating environments.  ;) [/spoof]

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 04:52:53 AM »
RPRNY:  Nope, not a kick in the gut, but more like a hard kick right to his greasy face, and a more publically insulting than just kicking some hot air out of him.

You  must understand that it was kwomo who authored this stupid law, along with two scum suckin' nyc dems, so he is not about to repeal it - but there is a 'amendment clause' and nobody has yet submitted proposed legislation to amend the law (to apply only to nyc and his upstate strongholds - based on population density), so I don't expect him to spin on it.  And yes, if we send those stupid politicians back home and bring in some new ones, the 'needle' might just start twitchin' toward 'amend'..... I think a more important issue now is how to either defeat this guy in the next election or lock him into a limp duck 2nd term.  We have the Senate and if we can hurt him badly enough in the house, he won't be able to do anything for the next 4 years.  And who knows, although that Westchester County manager is republican and considers himself a 'upstater' (but born and raised in Westchester county) and has thrown his hat into the ring, he could be a scapegoat, he could possibly win, or he could bloody that queen's scumbag badly enough so he never accomplishes anything in his last term.  Face it, this greaser isn't gonna last the 3 terms his old man did and since nyc took such a beating for that (his last term) that I doubt even nyc would want another 3 term loser calling the city 'home'.......................

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 02:48:56 AM »
Wow
I get the impression you don't like your Governor much. :D
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 10:23:28 PM »
You got the right impression there BBF, was it something I said........................

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 10:34:40 PM »
Our blooming idiot proclaimed he was gonna "come and take our guns"!!

I herd something like 4% registered but I don't know if that was a firearm or magazine number. The idiots made us register magazines. How they figure to track that is a blooming mystery.

I fear we may be the litmus test for the country... It's NOT gonna be good.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 03:18:09 AM »
Wow
I get the impression you don't like your Governor much. :D
Can't say I blame him much.  Most of NYS doesn't.  Like Mikey says, just the dopes in the rotten Apple like him.  And most of those people that voted for him, thought they were getting the "new" middle of the road Il Duce Cuomo.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.