Author Topic: Century 410 coach gun question  (Read 12762 times)

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
Century 410 coach gun question
« on: February 15, 2014, 07:50:46 PM »
I have been looking at the Chinese 410 coach guns online.  The sites I've found list the weight as 7.85 lbs, which is the same weight as they list the 12ga and the 20ga versions of the same.  My question is, is that accurate or do they just list one number from a manufacturer that doesn't correspond across the board?  Any of you have one of these little coach guns and a kitchen scale? 

If you have one, do you have any other opinions or impressions to share?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Century 410 coach gun question
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 11:57:50 PM »
I've not seen or held that particular brand but have other brands and the .410 has always been lighter and somewhat smaller even when using the same frame.

You posted this to the CAS section. Unless rules have changed since I shot CAS you must use either a 12 or 20 for matches. No .410 or 28s allowed.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 12:22:37 AM »
I've not seen or held that particular brand but have other brands and the .410 has always been lighter and somewhat smaller even when using the same frame.

You posted this to the CAS section. Unless rules have changed since I shot CAS you must use either a 12 or 20 for matches. No .410 or 28s allowed.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong section.  I had read that CAS uses 410 in their "Buckaroo" class (which is where kids do a similar course using 22s and 410s as I understand it)  so I figured guys who do CAS may be as likely as most any to have one of these guns.

I can re post elsewhere if you think it would be more appropriate.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 01:13:50 PM »
This is fine. I didn't realize they had added a children's event using the .410. I don't keep up with what's going on in CAS anymore and not many of the folks who used to visit this forum are still around. I've left it tho for the folks who are still here and want to talk about it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!