Author Topic: Getting back to it..  (Read 1372 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Getting back to it..
« on: February 26, 2013, 01:11:18 AM »
  I was mildly onto metal detecting some years ago.  At that time, I bought a Troy Shadow X2..good relic machine...but sometimes gives mixed signals (could be my own distinguishing problem), but I understand the circuitry or sensitivity has changed since I bought that detector some 12-14 years ago.  Have they improved as to motion sensing etc?  I havebeen considering something like an entry level to keep in my vehicle..  Garret Ace 150 or Fisher F2..both with readout guages.  Any gain there, considering the elapsed years?
  I hunt northeastern woods and fields as opposed to say, western sand or salt beaches..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Blue Duck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Getting back to it..
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 04:54:19 AM »
I have a Minelab and like it a lot.  I have friends that have detectors made by several of the different  major brand companys.  They all seem to work well.  The most important thing is to be real familiar with and know your machine.  You only learn that by practice and experience.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 09:22:50 AM »
Thanks BD..  I hope to get back at it more as spring breaks..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Blue Duck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 04:58:44 AM »
Its a pretty interesting hobby.  I go quite a bit in the spring and summer. The rest of the year while Im hunting and fishing I try to keep an eye out for new places to go.  You never know when or where your going to make that really cool find.  Good luck.