Author Topic: I Was So Amazed And Impressed...  (Read 763 times)

Offline BCB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
I Was So Amazed And Impressed...
« on: October 23, 2012, 11:46:56 AM »

With the “2012-13 Major Seasons & Bags Cut-out To Carry In Field”, that I did cut it out and framed it to put at my camp!!!...

I wonder what we have become as far as hunting seasons in this state…

It is now completely ridiculous, absurd, annoying, confusing and utterly stupid as far as I can state my opinion…

As I have said many times on this Forum—Let’s go back to the good ‘ol days when there were a deer season or two, small game seasons—early and late, and a few other specialties.  All this info was in a booklet about 3”x 4” and it could be carried in the field in one’s license holder…

That was hunting season as far as I am concerned…

But then, maybe the pic I posted actually shows “New & Improved”?...

Scroll on down...

And so it goes…

BCB

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: I Was So Amazed And Impressed...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 11:51:07 AM »
I too sometimes wonder about those who make the laws.  Most agents I have met in the field around here seem pretty nice, but they have to consult the book occasionally. 

For instance, why can't I use a rimfire to hunt turkey?  Huh Georgia?  Ya' listening?  I can use a 50 cal . muzzie though.  Why can't I use a pistol caliber on Corp of Engineers land but I can use sabot slugs...are YOU listening Mr. Corp?

Everything gets more complicated as I get older anyway...

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline dave22250

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I Was So Amazed And Impressed...
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 02:37:36 PM »
I'd just like to know what they do with the money they make off all the ads in the digest,they always cry they don't have money and they keep cutting back on stocking and any improvements to game lands,and what about the money thats generated from the coal and gas wells thats being taken off all the gamelands.