Author Topic: New Kayak Seat  (Read 580 times)

Offline Bowhunter57

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
New Kayak Seat
« on: April 08, 2012, 02:08:51 PM »
My last modification didn't fare so well, so I went back to the drawing board on this one. I decided to install a bass boat style of seat, for the comfort factor....the same seat that I attempted to install the last time, but with a better engineering idea.  ;D However, the engineering of getting it installed as been something of a brain burner.  ???

I wanted to use the existing holes and definately didn't want to drill into the hull. So, I designed a craddle of sorts, to mount the seat on and then bolted the craddle in the same place the old seat was fastened.

I've only sat in it on the ground, but plan on putting it in the water later today to see how well it works. I was a little concerned, at first, as the seat seemed a little squirrely and didn't sit tightly in one place. After sitting in it, that changed and it sits very solid and stable.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 101KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 100KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 96KB.

Bowhunter57
Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein