Author Topic: Hunters, we could sure use your help to pass Sunday Hunting in Virginia!  (Read 1733 times)

Offline dogtagg88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes
Our website on facebook is "Legalize Virginia Sunday Hunting for All" please join if you can, you do not have to be from VA and we could use more numbers/support.  We are having a tough time getting this passed by the VA House of Delegates, thanks for your help, David
Topper 12,16,410  TrackerI 20ga  Handi Rifle 30-30

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Hunters, we could sure use your help to pass Sunday Hunting in Virginia!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 03:41:14 PM »
how do we help?
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 04:28:34 PM »
I sure hope you get it passed.  That's an incredibly stupid law.
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 04:36:02 PM »
I'm not all that keen on Sunday hunting here in VA.  I don't think I'd like to hear guns going off during church service.  Not that I go to church so very often, but lots of folks do.  Good reasons aplenty for passing Sunday hunting, and I think it will happen.  Still, I'm not sure that it's right.  Hunting involves violence, and perhaps we ought not do violent things on Sunday for sport.  Maybe my thinking is a bit skewed; we do lots of other legal stuff on Sunday, like buy crap at WalMart and sit on our butts in front of the tv.  I just sort of see both sides of the issue, but if it came to a vote, I'd vote no. 

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 05:50:36 PM »
There are not two sides to this issue.  In a free country we hunt on whatever day our free mind and body wants.

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 06:24:56 PM »
I do not doubt your veracity, so please excuse my incredulity. This actually exists?? I guess I think a lot less of Virginia now. I would be glad to help if I could. It is really hard to believe that these things still can exist. It is like watching something in Afghanistan. 
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 08:04:49 PM »
I bet those nonviolent church goers would never eat Fried Chicken on Sunday. Oh well only if it was killed on Saturday. Do you ever hear cars and trucks going by you church. Why not close the roads on Sundays more deadly wrecks on the weakends. What about the millions who never go to  your church? Did you know the Founding Fathers were opposed to a Church controled state. This is why. ::)

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 10:00:58 PM »
You guys do know that Virgina is not the only state that does not alow Sunday hunting.  :o

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline hedgehoghunter

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 06:49:22 AM »
I'm a avid hunter but I'm also 1 that is against hunting on Sunday . I allow hunting durning the week and its bad enough 5 or 6 days a week hearing the guns go off hunters running up and down the driveway . Guess I'm old school but Sunday is God's day . A day of rest . Monday thu Saturday go at it 200 % . Leave Sunday out .

Jim W.

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 01:33:37 PM »
I would expect that Virginia's law regarding hunting on Sunday will soon be abolished.  I, for one, hate to see that happen.  Many people can't hunt except on the weekends.  Most sportsmen would like to see the law changed.  I'm just not one of those and never have been.  I am aware that all kinds of other activities are legal on Sunday, but adding one more doesn't make the other things right. 
Hunting is deliberate violence.  It is the death of God's creatures.  It is the spilling of blood.  It is the preparaton of carcasses.  Nothing wrong with that, except it's not keeping Sunday holy.  It is the leaving of one's family by the husband for that day.  It is the pursuit of sport on Sunday. 
That's just my personal view and nothing can change me in that regard.  I'll surely vote "NO" if given the chance.  I will surely make whatever political noise I can to keep it from passing.   

Offline hillbill

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 02:02:18 PM »
id have to say its kind of selfish to regulate other hun ters to certain days of the week. maybe i can only get time to hunt and get meat on sunday cuz i work the rest of the week?if i cant hunt on sunday then i cant get my meat? god helps those who help themselves. my church is in gods woods, thats where i worship and trust me im a christain. or maybe im not religious but now you are tellin me what to do cuz yu think yur better than me?

leave it to a vote of the people.majority rules.ill abide by it maybe.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 02:05:38 PM »
And you either don't realize or don't care that some people will have different religious beliefs than you?  Indeed we should simply codify all of your personal beliefs shouldn't we?
It may be a minister's job to worry about what I do on Sunday.  It may be my wife's.  It may some day be upon me to be judged for that.  But it is absolutely NONE OF THE GOVERNMENT'S business.

Wow.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 02:19:10 PM »
My religion allows me to hunt on Sunday...

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 11:23:29 AM »
I still say no.  Deal with it.   

Offline tfranklin7

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (163)
  • Contributor
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson