Author Topic: Whatever happened to Valco Boats  (Read 3802 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Whatever happened to Valco Boats
« on: April 18, 2009, 12:02:41 PM »
Hello All,
Never been on this forum before.

My very first fishing boat, nearly 30 yrs ago, was a used Valco 14ft aluminum.  What a great boat...like we all have said many times "I wish I still had that boat".  A year ago last  August we took a permanent campsite at a place on a lake, where we were back when I owned that boat. 

Does anyone know if they are still in business or if someone bought them out and still makes boats with the same designs they used to??

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Siskiyou

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Whatever happened to Valco Boats
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 12:44:25 PM »
It has been a few years but I believe that Valco suddenly shut down.   I read that Klamath bought some of the assets.  I still have a 12-foot Valco.  Fished out of a 12-footer two summers in Canada.  I have not used mine in a long time.

http://www.gregorboats.com/
http://www.klamathboats.com/util.html
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 11:06:50 PM »
No dealers for either of those 2 companys near here...Minnesota.  I think the one I had all those years ago had been a trade-in and was brought here by someone who had been transfered into The Cities for work.  Maybe if I win the lottery I'll be able to get one shipped in. ;D

??? Did you know???
The boats used in the old movei .Creature from the Black Lagoon, and also from a newer movie Dante's Peak were Valco's
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Siskiyou

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 07:17:16 AM »
I bought mine about 40-years back.  It was great to put on top of my Land cruiser or on the pickup lumber rack.  Very handy to launch over the bank on lakes and streams.  I use a 17’ Bluefin for most of my boat fishing now days.
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.