Author Topic: Tohatsu motors  (Read 782 times)

Offline Duke45

• Trade Count: (0)
Tohatsu motors
« on: April 03, 2008, 10:45:15 PM »
Can anyone tell me about these motors ? I am looking at a 9.9 or 15 hp motor. Are these motors dependable and how do they hold up ? I would like the pros and cons . Thanks
AL

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Tohatsu motors
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 06:01:11 PM »
I searched Tonatsu Outboards are they any good? and Came up with it is a Nissan and all reviews I read are good. I would check it out.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Duane

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 07:17:21 AM »
Nissan and Tohatsu same motors yes I had one a little  two stroke 8 hp nissan ran that thing hard for 8 years in the marsh pushing a 14 foot jon boat never gave a lick of problems .that being said I maintained it over these years like changing lower uit oil flushing out carb and changing the impellar every 3 years

Offline prairiedog555

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 12:04:31 PM »
When I lived in Louisiana I got a chance to hang around a lot of fishermen.  they really use their motors hard.  the consensus pick was Suzuki.  I and my partner both have them.  In a 4 stroke they will last.   US coast guard did a study and found that 4 strokes will last 10 times or more hours than 2 stroke.  and Suzuki is the best.