Author Topic: BC Rear Sight Info  (Read 859 times)

Offline TomP

• Trade Count: (0)
BC Rear Sight Info
« on: April 22, 2006, 01:44:46 PM »
I've just replaced the factory rear sight on my BC with the FP sight that H&R sells and I thought I'd post some info.  Maybe this has already been posted somewhere but here it is.  Hope this will help others who are new to the Buffalo Classic.

The factory rear sight can adjust approx. from 1.000 inches to 1.100 inches above bore centerline.

The FP goes approx. from .935 inches to 1.435 inches above bore centerline.

Practically this means if you can't get your group to zero because you've run out of adjustment on the factory rear sight and you replace it with the FP sight, you'll be able to lower your point of impact by 7.5 additional inches or raise it by almost 39 additional inches beyond what the factory sight will give you.  This is at 100 yards.  To get even more elevation with the FP you'd have to get a shorter front sight.

Just FWIW

Offline lonewolf5348

• Trade Count: (38)
SIGHT
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 02:10:21 PM »
Williams Rear Sight (FP Series) I have the same set up but I find the front globe a little to hard to see the front post,quick gave me an idea to cut a notch into the globe.
I will give it a shot or just go to a brass front blade :D

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
BC Rear Sight Info
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 02:12:53 PM »
You'll find that the .404" 17AHB sight will get you the best long range capabiites, the .584" 17AUG factory sight is just too high. Several of us found shooting to POA with the WGRS and the .584" factory sight impossible, mine hit 6" low at 50yds with the WGRS at the top of the ramp.  With the FP bottomed, mine shoots 1-1½" high at 100yds, depending on the load in my .45-120 BC w/17AHB. The FP and 17AHB combo is good for close to 500yds, depending on the load, according to Bernie.

http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,1727.htm

I real nice insert set for the 17A is the Lee Shaver special from BA...

http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,49.htm

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain