Author Topic: Who is Dicks supplier?  (Read 1606 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Who is Dicks supplier?
« on: January 16, 2006, 02:31:18 PM »
Does anyone here know who the supplier for Dick's Sporting Goods is? Do they use SportsSouth and if not can we check their supplier's inventory on line as we can do by checking SportsSouth for WalMart?....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Gutshot

• Trade Count: (0)
Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 02:41:53 PM »
I dont know about there supplier, but they have everyone in this state beat on price for every firearm I have shopped around for AMAZINGLY WALMART AS WELL! I wish they had reloading supplies. I hate to shop at the big boxes but I have to watch every pennie.

AL

Offline Airsporter

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 11:48:15 AM »
At the local Dick's, I have asked several different individuals (at different times) about ordering guns.  All have said they don't do it.  They simply sell what they are sent.  If anybody hears differently, please post.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 12:13:33 PM »
OK airsporter, I have cut and pasted my earlier posting about Dicks below....

'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK guys, yesterday I called 3 Dicks, none had the .204 Varmit Fluted in stock but I was quoted the price of $159.95 for the gun in .204 (NEFSB2-F20) at all 3 stores but was told the .223 (my first choice) was $269 as well as $269 for the other caliber it was offered in (either 22-250 or .243). I called the nearest Dicks and tried to order 2, no luck I had to wait until the manager came in today so he could see if it could be ordered (if it was in stock at their "unknown" supplier) They were going to call me with the info. I called today and was told the gun was $219.95 and that they did not tell me it was $159.95 (which they did). I called another Dicks and was told the gun did not appear in their special order book, however the other 3 stortes were able to find it...  

Anyway, at this 4th Dicks store the salesman said since he did not have it in his book he had no idea how much it was, also they had no single shot H&R's in the store and showed no fluted barrels in the book at all....  

I asked if I could try to order one, he said I would have to come to the store and order it. They would then try to check with their (unknown) supplier which would take about 2 or 3 days, if the supplier had it I would have to come to the store and place the actual order and put down 50%. They would then order it, when it came in I would have to return to the store to complete the purchase, 3 round trips to purchase the gun!!....    

This makes WalMart look easy, they are only round 2 trips (if the guy working that day has any idea at all about how to do his job!!!!....<><....  

so goes the saga of my ALMOST Fluted .204. Gutshot I wish you better luck than I. The Bangor and Portland stores did quote $159.95 so I hope you prevail, after all, they quoted you the price and you ordered the gun and put money down on it, they should sell you the gun for that price, good luck and let us know how you make out.....

Also, gutshot let me know how you make out buddy, I'll be in Bangor on the 30th and will stop at Dicks to try again....<><.... :wink:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Swamp Yankee

• Avid Poster
Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 12:34:30 PM »
Andy did you try the new store in Seekonk? If your lucky you'll get the girl that works the department, she's a big time trap shooter and is very knoledgeable...........Jim

Offline Gutshot

Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 12:43:48 PM »
If you go to the store they will let you look at the special order book. I asked to see it. After the salesman found the rifle I asked for. The book in Bangor definately Had the fluted varmint rifles in them. I think after a new year they get confused about prices because they dont get the new special order book untill March. They wanted to make me come back several times as well because of the holiday and "The special order guy" would not be in untill tuesday. I called them tonight to ask about the order and they told me the "special order Manager" would not be in untill tomorrow. If they think they are going to jerk me around they have the wrong man. They took my money told me they would order it and that is that. If they quoted a bad price thats there fault not mine. I will be calling tomorrow night as well. In my line of work you quote a price and if you screw up the quote you eat it. I think it is law. We shall see. Regardless I will have a fluted varmint soon enough.

AL

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 12:40:49 PM »
Al, I know your in Maine (lucky guy!!) but here in Mass if a price is quoted /printed on the item it must be sold to the customer for that price. Keep us advised regarding the saga of the .204 Fluted. My buddy from Millinocket called the Bangor store today to check price and availibility, he wants one, they could not located the page in the special order book that has the SB2-F20 (fluted Ultra Varmit in .204), the salesman said the page was missing and they would call back, they have not called back but it's only been about 4 hours since he called....

Jim, I'll try the Seekonk store, Thanks........Well I just called, the salesman there quoted me $299.95 for the SB2-F20 (.204 Ruger Ultra Varmit Fluted)!!!!....<><.... :shock:

Offline Gutshot

Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 03:54:31 AM »
I was told yeasterday from a Walmart Employee that they have the same supplier as Dicks. Dicks really screwed me. They Told me it was on order and it would take 4 to 6 weeks to deliver it. I called them to see if they had a specific date for shipment. They said They would find out and call back. They called and left a message that the rifle was out of stock and they could not get it. They no longer get a pennie from me for anything. The salesman then tried to sell me a 500 dollar bolt gun in .204. Bad Business!!

I am not done with them yet.

AL

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 05:11:35 AM »
Gutshot, IF Dicks uses the same supplier as WalMart then the supplier is SportsSouth, and they today have the gun (SB2-F20) in stock, I think it may have appeared as out of stock a couple of days ago:

14135  H&R SB2-F20 ULTRA VARMINT 204 24FL SYN  $391.00
 14136  H&R SB2-F22 ULTRA VARMINT 22-250FL SYN  $391.00
 14138  H&R SB2-F23 ULTRA VARMINT 223 24FL SYN  $391.00  

Call them back with this info and see what they say, they may have made a mistake when they quoted you a price but now they may have lied to you, possibly in an attempt to cover themselves ...speak to the department manager, the store manager and see what you can work out, if nothing then get their superiors name and phone number abd go from there. They could have checked a couple of days ago and been told there were none in stock, maybe they will still sell you the gun for that price if you are nice to them....<><.... :grin:

Offline Gutshot

Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 06:24:20 AM »
I called walmart to see if they could get one just as a way to check to see if I was lied to. They are supposed to call me back. Does Sports South have a web site??

AL

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006, 06:28:09 AM »
Sports South's internet inventory web site is:

http://www.internetguncatalog.com/

Choose H&R, long guns and caliber from the drop downs in the Mega search at the bottom of the page. If you want to deal with Dick's, print the inventory page and show em!!

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 07:02:56 AM »
Quote from: Gutshot
I was told yeasterday from a Walmart Employee that they have the same supplier as Dicks. Dicks really screwed me. They Told me it was on order and it would take 4 to 6 weeks to deliver it. I called them to see if they had a specific date for shipment. They said They would find out and call back. They called and left a message that the rifle was out of stock and they could not get it. They no longer get a pennie from me for anything. The salesman then tried to sell me a 500 dollar bolt gun in .204. Bad Business!!

I am not done with them yet.

AL

I figured that they would do this to you after they realized they made a mistake, that is why I didn't order one. I was quoted the same price as you, but figured it would be a big hassle in the end and saved myself two two hour round trips to the store.

You may still be able to get them to honor the price, IF you want to wait weeks or months with them holding your money. I am sure they lied to you because every time I checked over the last two weeks, Sports South had the .204 Ultra Varmint Fluted IN STOCK.

Good luck!
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Gutshot

Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 07:10:34 AM »
I just got off the phone with the Store Manager at Dicks and he "told" me that there supplier was not Sports South and that they got all there special order rifles from "Bill Hicks". And That was the only supplier they used. I am still pretty sour about this and I am not done with them just yet.

AL

Offline Gutshot

Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 07:12:45 AM »
Ijust found the Bill Hicks website and unless your a retialer you cant get anything from it.

AL

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2006, 11:20:12 AM »
Try calling them by phone and inquiring if they have any in stock...<><.... :grin:

Well I just called and checked Bill Hick's, the H&R SB2-F20 is "out of stock" and the salesman I spoke to did not know when they might be in. At least you know Dick's was telling you the truth about that....<><.... :cry:

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2006, 11:39:28 AM »
Just got off the phone with a salesman from Bill Hicks.
No!! He would not furnish me a list of his retailers, but, he did say they supply for Gander, Dick's and Sportsmans Whse.
Yes!! The are OUT OF STOCK on the Ultra 204 Fluted.

Hope this helps all of you in your quest for a 204.

Cookieman
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 11:42:07 AM »
I used to order from Bill Hicks back in the '80's, when they would still sell to us mere mortals, today you need to be a dealer or have a FFL. :cry:  They are a good outfit and I know a guy that buys all his guns from them and he gets a break on multiples (5's or 10's).

So now the question is will Dick's honor their price, or jerk you around? How long will you be out your 169 bucks waiting for it to be IN-STOCK? Did the manager say that they would honor that price when it became IN-STOCK?

Again, good luck!
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Who is Dicks supplier?
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 11:42:30 AM »
BTW, salesman's name was Reese.  Sorry, I didn't think to ask about stock on the 223 or the 22-250

Cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"