Author Topic: H&R Handi-Grip Stock and Fore-End  (Read 2215 times)

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
H&R Handi-Grip Stock and Fore-End
« on: September 13, 2010, 11:14:17 AM »
I ordered this set from MidwayUSA    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=956614
and the description did not indicate if the mounting hardware was included. From earlier posts of those who ordered them from H&R direct it sounded like they had to purchase the stock and fore-end screws seperately.
Rather surprised to see the Handi-Grip stock screw, fore-end screw and recoil pad screws inside the nicely packaged Harrington & Richardson box.

Might mention that on the backside of the H&R box, where the full replacement instructions are, there is a note that states: This stock & fore-end will not fit any Ultra Slug Shotguns, any 10 Gauge Shotguns or any 12 Gauge Turkey Shotguns. (Assuming they are speaking of the fore-end ?)

Bill

Offline guns-o-fun

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
  • A Real Regular
Re: H&R Handi-Grip Stock and Fore-End
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 11:22:57 AM »
I have one on a 12-gauge full choke shotgun barrel.  The barrel channel fits ok (although it is shallow).  The wierd part is that the forend does not conform to the SB1 receiver's front curvature.  there is a noticeable gap in the middle.  If this turns out to be a problem, I will just glass bed it.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: H&R Handi-Grip Stock and Fore-End
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 11:33:13 AM »
Thanks Bill, I added this thread and info to the retail parts page in the FAQs.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain