Author Topic: 2008 Accessory Barrel Order Form  (Read 3175 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
2008 Accessory Barrel Order Form
« on: December 03, 2008, 08:55:38 AM »
Here's the latest order form for anyone that doesn't want to wait for the online form to download, click the file name under the pic and save it, then print it.

Many new members have asked specifics about sending a frame in for accessory barrels, you can send it by mail or other carrier like UPS or Fedex, but H&R will return it by UPS after fitting the new barrel(s). A lot of members including myself just send the frame and order a stock set, or just order a forend that will be dedicated to the new barrel if you intend on swapping barrels around on one frame. Many don't like to send a nice stock set at all cuz sometimes they damage it while fitting/handling, sending just a frame in a USPS priority small flat rate box will cost ~5.00 plus insurance and they'll have it in 2 days, 3 at most. You can also break the butt and frame down and send them with the forend, if you don't order one separately, in the larger medium flat rate priority box for ~$11 plus insurance. Some members don't send any wood at all, just the frame even tho the instructions say to send the butt and forend.

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.aspx

2010 UPDATE: FITTING FEE IS $25 PER BARREL, SHIPPING IS $19 FOR THE FIRST TWO BARRELS, PLUS TAX

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
Re: 2008 Accessory Barrel Order Form
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 01:58:37 PM »
Just an update on ordering accessory barrels, H&R will email you a repair number approx 10 days after they receive your frame,  you can plug that number into their website to see what the status is. So be sure an include an email addy on the order form, or you'll have to call and get the repair number later.  The status page will also be on the H&R website sometime soon....hopefully.

Tim

http://www.remington.com/support/repair_services/tracking/repair_information.aspx

Offline whitetailmaniac

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Avid Poster
  • Chris, Texas
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 03:01:49 PM »
Tim, the order form on the H&R website says 17$ shipping and 20$ per barrel

Chris

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 04:19:13 PM »
Thanks Chris, so does ours!!  ;D

Tim

Offline BC Steve

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 04:50:56 PM »
Does H&R do any filing or adjustments to your frame to make the new barrel fit or are all the changes made on the new barrel?  I guess what I'm asking is will my old barrel still fit my frame?

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 04:56:04 PM »
Does H&R do any filing or adjustments to your frame to make the new barrel fit or are all the changes made on the new barrel?  I guess what I'm asking is will my old barrel still fit my frame?

Fitting is done to the new barrel.
Your old barrels will still fit just fine.

Spanky

Offline lonewolf5348

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 05:16:57 PM »
wow a $90.00 barrel will run about $140.00 including your cost to ship it to them also fitting and return shipping