Author Topic: Source for brass or steel triggerguard  (Read 4689 times)

Offline hunman55

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (81)
  • A Real Regular
Source for brass or steel triggerguard
« on: August 30, 2008, 07:32:19 AM »
In the new issue of Guns of the Old West, there is an article by Mike Beliveau. In  it, there is a 45-70 Handi with a brass trigger guard fitted by Mike from one he got from DGW. Looks great. You cut off the plastic guard and mount the brass guard over it with a screw into the lower receiver and the rear screw into
the stock. It would take some fitting and you would drill and tap one hole in the lower receiver. This brass guard, by the way, is like the ones on the Kentucky and Pennsylvania and Hawken type rifles and could be easily modified to fit the Handi. These also come in steel and could be browned or blued. What's not to like? This would look good on the Buffalo Classic. I think  I'll try it. Hunman55

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Source for brass or steel triggerguard
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 01:37:32 PM »
Hmmm - A brass one would look pretty good with the gold trigger I have :o
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline kevinsmith5

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 01:07:10 AM »
Had actually thought about trying the same thing. I have a Moyers steel guard and fore end bracket that canon6 gave me (he was tired of messing with them) that I have spent a lot of quality time grinding, polishing, and trying to fit.  The fore end was easy, guard slightly different story. Still have to figure out what to do about the small gap at rea of guard.  Was planning to case harden after I got fitted.  Might have to look at a hawken for guard instead. 

Anyone know where I could find a pic of the handi with one mounted like this?  Tried the magazines site, but no joy.
If he's carrying a singleshot, don't expect a warning shot!

Offline hunman55

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (81)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 09:42:29 AM »
This article was in the fall issue of Guns of the Old West. Walmart has them sometimes and also the chain book stores. If I had a picture to send you I would. Hunman55

Offline kevinsmith5

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 10:22:39 AM »
UGGG. I'll try BAM first.  I only go to Wally World in desperation.
If he's carrying a singleshot, don't expect a warning shot!