Author Topic: Yaba Daba Do !  (Read 662 times)

Offline Country Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Yaba Daba Do !
« on: July 11, 2007, 03:11:31 PM »
  Today I got to take my handi .45-70 to the range. I had shortened the stock,repositioned the scope and painted the rifle with flat black rustoleum.  It took 3 shots to get it exactly where I wanted it. 2 1/2" high and dead center at 100 yds with factory winchester 300 grn bullets.
    I had set up milk jugs of water at 150,175 and 200 yards. I didn't shoot at the target for a group,only interested in deer accurate. So I proceded to shoot at the jugs, you guessed it ! That rifle hit all the jugs dead center I was lucky but couldn't resiist trying again and the rifle did it again !
     Just can't believe the rifle and scope worked so well togather and it doesn't kick, now I'm thinking maybe another one in .223 or .243. I've never been lucky with guns (or women) but this rifle is a real keeper.  Watch out Mississippi here I come for a primitative hunt in Dec.
      Many thanks to all of you who chimed in and led me to this rig. I'm 65 and still learning.

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
Re: Yaba Daba Do !
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 03:19:57 PM »
Good shooting. 2 1/2 inchs high at 100 .how much did ya have to hold over for 200?
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 11:18:16 PM »
Excellent!  Congratulations!  :D

Very glad to hear the good results.  It does sound as if the Handi bug has bitten.   ;D  ;D  ;D

The .223 is a great choice in a Handi. I don't own the .243 model, but others have reported good results.  Some have had issues with the superlight version, but I seem to recall Stimpy figured his out.

The day we feel we stop learning is the day we should throw in the towel.

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 12:07:57 AM »
Great job on that 45-70. ;D I think the deer are in trouble. It is very satisfying when things work out. ;)
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline Smoke Wagon

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 12:15:35 AM »
congratulations on your results it's fun when it works right, and even better when you make it work ;D my handi is quickly becoming my all time favorite gun :o
" Blessed are the Peacemakers for they will be called the Children of God" Mathew 5:9