Author Topic: ironsjghter  (Read 2315 times)

Offline bearbeater

• Trade Count: (0)
ironsjghter
« on: July 05, 2007, 11:08:26 AM »

Hey
Can anyone tell me if or who makes a see through sight for a Handi. As to or so i can use either my iron sight or my scope.
Bearbeater
Thats the ups and downs of Aviation

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: ironsjghter
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 11:17:53 AM »
You'd have to use  standard see-thru rings on a Weaver style base, I think you'll find the rear sight is below the line of sight over the scope rail unless the sight is all the way to the top of its travel, might work if you used a taller front sight.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline bearbeater

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 11:50:04 AM »

Hey Quick
I dont know why someone woulkd not make one for that set up. It appears tp be a good thing for brush and general all round hunting.
BB

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 12:35:26 PM »
I've hunted brush here in Washington state for the better part of 50yrs, have never liked see-thru rings, I like a good low power scope or a ghost ring/aperture sight. See thru rings put the scope waaaay too high to use it effectively, so I go one way or the other, not a poor compromise like see-thrus. ;)

Tim

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 01:58:47 PM »
Go to www.ironsighter.com , then click on products and see item #0718 or 718. They are made just for H&R's and are pricey but just what you want. They are made to screw directly to the chamber area of the barrel with no scope rail and use the existing holes. I got a set from e-bay and they are fine. They also make a set especially for the sidekick....<>,....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 02:10:26 PM »
Here's the direct link to their price list. ;)

Thanks Andy,

Tim

http://www.ironsighter.com/2006.pdf

Offline bearbeater

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 03:20:04 PM »

Hey Quick amd MSP I know about being to high but I like the option and close in I prefer open. I dont think that a the heith will be a problem. I like MSP live in michigan Home of Aunt Jenny. This set up would seem to work good for me. I would like more feed back from MSP or other what they think. If possable.
Thanks again
Bearbeater

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 03:58:07 PM »
Sorry buddy I do not live in Michigan but would love to visit and hunt there, I especially would like to travel and hunt the UP. I live in (shudder!!!) that liberal bastion of Massachusetts but hunt and have a camp in Maine. I do like the option of iron sights available below my scope and have used see through mounts for years with no problems. I have a set on my Marlin 336 in .35 Remington that are great. I see no problems with the set I rather recently obtained for my H&R's. I wish I could afford several sets but have yet to shoot them. I currently have them on a rifle but think they would also be great on either a 20 or 12 gauge Tracker I....I like see through sights for hunting the forests and swamps where the option of iron sights is a big plus....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline bearbeater

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 04:08:25 PM »

Hey MSP
My heart bleeds for you in the liberal land. I guess it is your choice. I agree with you and am going to get a set and see. I did think you were in mich. If you hunt in maine it is just as good. I have an ultra 20 ga with a K 2.5 weaver on it and it is a real tack driver with hastings slugs. I sometimes think I should of got a tracker. I will live with my decision.
Thanks
Bearbeater

Offline bearbeater

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 04:10:09 PM »

Hey
One more thing this is going on my handi 45-70 rig.
BB

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 04:12:26 PM »

bearbeater..while if your are use to the see thru's and like them..I think those on the link should be a better option that having a weaver type base then the scope rings attached to them..I tried using the later on several different lever guns and like Quick don't like them a bit... A fixed low power scope or low power variable setting closer to eye level is more of my liking than having to raise my head and change my cheek weld..which is usually something that has to be done to use them..Maybe these will help somewhat in that regard..

Good Luck

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...